Edge Vista Roof Problems

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I'm bringing this topic back up because our 08 just started to experience this issue of the bamr not closing all the way. My warranty is up in 50 miles! The lease is up next March. Has anyone on here had any luck with white lithium grease sprayed on the rails? I tried it but the glass always stops about 8" away. Another thing the sunshades close fine but i have to press the open button repeatedly to get them to open, they used to just glide by holding the button down. Of course it is going to rain tomorrow! I am calling the dealer first thing in the am. Anybody have clues and or fixes you have had? thanks

10k miles on my 2011 Edge & my bamr has labored a few times to close.

While parking at the Indy 500 yesterday, the bamr would not close all the way. I had to assist it the last 8-10 inches.

I wonder if a dose of grease is all it needs or what.

Has anyone had a fix for a dragging bamr?

• 1 month later...

I have a 2007 edge and the past 1.5yr I have had no roof during the sunmmer months.

Ā 

Taken it to the dealership and there is no recalls on it (none that I have been able to look up)

I have had to push them to look at it again for the 2nd time....

FYI DO NOT get extended warranty for it either - not covered.

they have had alot of problems with the vista rood and it seems that no one can really help youout here.

I tried to get an answer whether it is the motor switch or the roof rails (that the glass runs on)

the dealership really has not idea. So back it will go to the dealership for another 2 days ..

Ā 

Ā 

My extended warranty covered replacing the motors and parts on my 2008 Edge sunroof. The total bill came to $2,400 plus they paid for my rental car for a week. My deductible for the warranty was $100. Not sure where you go the info where it is not covered.

• 4 years later...
Just picked up my 2015 Edge a few days ago. The motor is struggling to close the vista roof.

Has anyone had success with a new motor?

Had my dealership's service manager check another vehicle with a vista roof. That sounded much smoother compared to mine.

Told me to come back in two days.

This time he tells me oiling and greasing didn't help much. But apparently another edge on thier lot is worse than mine!

Don't think i trust them after reading these forums