2011 Edge/MKX My Touch and Sync Problems

akirby

(fingers crossed for a magical update that fixes all the Sync nuisances)

Just picked it up. Only drove home and didn't have a chance to go through it. I need to re-pair my phone and had to set clock for Daylight Savings. I will get back out to the car tonight to check things out

Edited by tpm419419

Just picked it up. Only drove home and didn't have a chance to go through it. I need to re-pair my phone and had to set clock for Daylight Savings. I will get back out to the car tonight to check things out

Looking forward to your report. Did you by any chance have problems with your clock or calendar? Basically that's my only lingering issue, which is not really a big issue anyway. However, I will get an update to correct it when/if one becomes available.

Looking forward to your report. Did you by any chance have problems with your clock or calendar? Basically that's my only lingering issue, which is not really a big issue anyway. However, I will get an update to correct it when/if one becomes available.

Have to say I had no real issues other than the entire phone book not being shown when trying to enter 911 Emergency contact #'s. I did pair my phone and re downloaded my phonebook (same issue with 911 contacts) I will not be using the car until tomorrow but from the few minutes I played with it I really don't see any real improvement with key function speed.

I'll know better tomorrow. Everything seems to work OK

OK so i went out this morning in 27 degree weather. Screen was responsive and functions like the seat warmers worked quickly. I do see an improvement in responsiveness

Tom, that's a start. You'll probably have to drive it for a week or two to determine if any of the past problems crop up again. Good luck.

Just came back from picking up my Edge, after the APIM was replaced. I'm happy to report that everything is working perfectly. I've tested most of the functions and will try out the remaining ones tomorrow, but so far, so good!

I also realized how much I missed my Edge after driving an Escape for 3 days....yuck! :-)

Just came back from picking up my Edge, after the APIM was replaced. I'm happy to report that everything is working perfectly. I've tested most of the functions and will try out the remaining ones tomorrow, but so far, so good!

I also realized how much I missed my Edge after driving an Escape for 3 days....yuck! :-)

Great news! Keep us posted.

Are you plugging in USB devices or using Blue Tooth?

I've been running 2.7 for 3 weeks now and to be honest, I preferred 1.8. Sure it had issues, but I didn't find them as annoying as the ones I have now.

•  
  • Radio turns on following every use of Voice commands.
  • BB 9000 only sync's 50% of the time I use remote start. No problems during a normal start.
  • Radio Display text isn't in sync with 4" screen - i.e. Local Rock station shows "ROCK" on touch screen and "EDUCATIONAL" on 4". No stations line up, it is like they are calling different database keys.
  • System is more responsive, but a lot of text takes a while to display. i.e radio presets only show blank buttons for first min or so. At times they didn't display at all until you switched to them.
  • Some text looks sloppy as the font is too large and text overlaps other items.

I think there's more, but I can't remember right now.

I tried pulling 29 last night as well and even did a master reset. Nope!! No luck, same issues.

Anyone else with 2.7 having these same problems. Is there a 2.8 yet?

Looks like the MFT/Sync is getting more press these days...

From AutoBlog.com

Thanks for the link to this article. It does bring up something that I haven't seen on these boards (maybe it is somewhere else). Every once in a while my climate control blows cold air full blast when I first get in the car. The climate is usually set to Auto and temperature is 70-72 degrees. I live in upstate NY and there has been no need for A/C here all winter. It also feels like there is a draft coming in from the outside as well. Again, intermittent problem, but just another irritation with the car. Has anyone experienced this as well, and is it related to the MFT/Sync?

I have what may be a stupid question. After the 2.7 update I lost the icons on my map (IE: gas stations, hospitals, etc) Can someone point me to the right menu to get them back?? I also updated my Sirius recently with travel and traffic link included

Were you able to get a discount on the Sirius? Mine is coming up for renewal and the Ford special renewal rate ain't so great or special :angry: I have read that if you wait until it expires or call and say that you are going to cancel that you can get a discounted renewal.

Yes I do have a problem with my clock about once or twice a week. The clock resets itself to an incorrect time. I find myself correcting it manually until the next occurrance. Mine was build late in January with v2.4 from the factory. I don't want to take it back for fear something else will be effected. Waiting until first oil change and will have them address it then. I can only hope the fix is simple.

Were you able to get a discount on the Sirius? Mine is coming up for renewal and the Ford special renewal rate ain't so great or special :angry: I have read that if you wait until it expires or call and say that you are going to cancel that you can get a discounted renewal.

No discount for me. I renewed for a year with Sirius Everything plus traffic and travel. Cost something like 224.00 Not cheap

No discount for me. I renewed for a year with Sirius Everything plus traffic and travel. Cost something like 224.00 Not cheap

I told Sirius I was not renewing cuz it was way too expensive. I finally talked to a rep in the US that gave me a good deal on just the travel link. I'm listening to Pandora most of the time anyway.

Wow that ia a lot of money. I renewed on Thursday $95 for audio & 71.78 for traffic and travel plus taxes for 12 months.

Call them, if you dont get this same price, then tell them that its more then you what to spend and have HD radio anyway and you'll think about and then they will come down on the price.

Wow that ia a lot of money. I renewed on Thursday $95 for audio & 71.78 for traffic and travel plus taxes for 12 months.

Call them, if you dont get this same price, then tell them that its more then you what to spend and have HD radio anyway and you'll think about and then they will come down on the price.

Which audio did you get?? They have several packages

My travel link only package was about 25$

Sirius seems to be very confused on what they should charge. This seems dis-honest and is the reason I opted out of the radio subscription.

Sirius seems to be very confused on what they should charge. This seems dis-honest and is the reason I opted out of the radio subscription.

They are not confused, this is standard operating procedure for satellite radio subscriptions. Dishonest, yes, in terms that some pay way more than others for the same service. Just remember that you almost always receive the best deal after you cancel your service and that the subscription auto-renews at full price once the special deal term ends.

Which audio did you get?? They have several packages

I got all the channels, dont think I have NASCAR, but dont need that.

I got travel link and travel traffic.

Hi Everybody,

I own a Lincoln MKX 2011 limited edition.

Just had some problem 2 days ago again with the lincoln Touch, the navigation system voice just stopped working.

I had to do a master reset and lost all my settings again. Lincoln should have a way of saving these settings and loading them back once the master reset is completed.

The bad news is that I was on the phone with ford and they said more updates are on the way. This will be the 5th time my car goes to the garage for updates in 3 month's.

First camera was blacked out.

Then there was navigation goes black.

the last one I could remember was the sirius stopped working.

I believe ford licoln should start thinking about rebate, or soon we will hear about class action law suites.

cheers,

post-13936-065335800 1302231560_thumb.jpg