New Owner with Ford MyTouch

I am a new member and owner of a 2011 Ford Edge Limited with MyTouch. Already, I am having some problems and had to reboot the system, in addition to it locking up and crashing before hand. I have a few questions maybe someone can help me with.

First off, I am curious as to what version of MyTouch I have. I see people are updating to 2.8. How do I find out what version I have? I have looked through the menus but have been unsuccessful. Same goes for SYNC. How do I find what version I have? Is there a way to update these myself, or are they dealer only?

Second, I am having no luck using the AV inputs to play video. I shot some video on a Kodak Playsport pocket cam and connected the 1/8 mini cable from the camera to the white and yellow (no red, mono audio only) to the RCA inputs in the car. I start to play the video on the camera and the screen goes black (as it does on that cam when connected to external device) but nothing happens on the 8" screen. The car is in park, the accessories are turned on (didn't fully start vehicle) and the media center is set to AV Input. Nothing.

I would appreciate any help and information to the above questions.

Thank you!

I am a new member and owner of a 2011 Ford Edge Limited with MyTouch. Already, I am having some problems and had to reboot the system, in addition to it locking up and crashing before hand. I have a few questions maybe someone can help me with.

First off, I am curious as to what version of MyTouch I have. I see people are updating to 2.8. How do I find out what version I have? I have looked through the menus but have been unsuccessful. Same goes for SYNC. How do I find what version I have? Is there a way to update these myself, or are they dealer only?

Second, I am having no luck using the AV inputs to play video. I shot some video on a Kodak Playsport pocket cam and connected the 1/8 mini cable from the camera to the white and yellow (no red, mono audio only) to the RCA inputs in the car. I start to play the video on the camera and the screen goes black (as it does on that cam when connected to external device) but nothing happens on the 8" screen. The car is in park, the accessories are turned on (didn't fully start vehicle) and the media center is set to AV Input. Nothing.

I would appreciate any help and information to the above questions.

Thank you!

Abe, sorry to say this but welcome to the nightmare called Sync

Ford did a great job marketing it but didnt put the same effort into making sure it was up and ready to put in their vehicles

Otherwise a great auto, soured by the MFT system

Looking forward to the end of my lease in 20 something months

:rant2:

Abe, sorry to say this but welcome to the nightmare called Sync

Ford did a great job marketing it but didnt put the same effort into making sure it was up and ready to put in their vehicles

Otherwise a great auto, soured by the MFT system

Looking forward to the end of my lease in 20 something months

:rant2:

That's the feeling I am starting to get. It hasn't been too bad, but it should be better. I think if someone can answer the questions I posted I will feel a little better.

No one knows how to check what version of FMT or Sync is installed???

To see what version of Sync/MFT, you need to register at syncmyride.com. Site has been down for the last couple of days, but when you log in, you will see on the right side of the screen what version you have. You can then go to "Updates" to see if there is a new version avaialble, but what they say is not correct, as they do not always keep the notification current.

Thanks. I am registered with sync my ride, but as you mentioned, it can't retrieve my system info. I thought maybe there was a way to find it on the system itself buried inside some menu. Maybe you can tell me what the current version of FMT and Sync are, just so I know when I am finally able to login.

Thanks. I am registered with sync my ride, but as you mentioned, it can't retrieve my system info. I thought maybe there was a way to find it on the system itself buried inside some menu. Maybe you can tell me what the current version of FMT and Sync are, just so I know when I am finally able to login.

Some say that v2.10 is the latest. My car shipped with v2.7. Some have gotten v2.8 and reported less bugs etc.

On SyncMyRide site there is a status checker that you can download to a USB drive.

Install that on your Edge then take the USB drive back to SyncMyRide and report the installation. This will update your account with the software version that is installed on your ride.