Plan X pin numbers....

svofan1

Maybe someone can enlightnen me.... I hear that some people do get x-plan pin numbers that they can use when buying their EDGE at the dealer, I know that is up to the dealer to accept or not, I also know that the "finacial guy" at the dealer will ask for id to verify that the person using the pin # is really someone working with a company associated with FORD (ie my son just bought a Mustang using x plan and he works for DELL).

Is there anyone that can help me in providing a pin #?...is it possible to get one without the requierements mentioned before?..

I know one can get dealer invoice (some fighting) but I think that x plan is below that,am I right?....

Thnak you for all the help and I am sorry if got into a theme previously discussed...

Maybe someone can enlightnen me.... I hear that some people do get x-plan pin numbers that they can use when buying their EDGE at the dealer, I know that is up to the dealer to accept or not, I also know that the "finacial guy" at the dealer will ask for id to verify that the person using the pin # is really someone working with a company associated with FORD (ie my son just bought a Mustang using x plan and he works for DELL).

Is there anyone that can help me in providing a pin #?...is it possible to get one without the requierements mentioned before?..

I know one can get dealer invoice (some fighting) but I think that x plan is below that,am I right?....

Thnak you for all the help and I am sorry if got into a theme previously discussed...

X-Plan is sometimes called the "Friends and family plan." It is usually 4 percent over the A and Z plan price.

Here is a great link for more info: http://www.umd.umich.edu/univ/staffsen/forddiscounts.htm

Who ever calls to get your the pin number will give Ford your social security number. Then the financial guy at the dealer puts in the pin and the last four of your social. As long as that matches, you are golden.

I have used the A and Z plan (my dad is retired Ford Aerospace) for over 15 years and I have never had a dealership

refuse the pin number.

There is a limit to the number of X-plan numbers one can get per year. If you don't have anyone who can get you one,

let me know and I will see if my dad is near his limit.

Edited by Good_Hands

X-Plan is sometimes called the "Friends and family plan." It is usually 4 percent over the A and Z plan price.

Here is a great link for more info: http://www.umd.umich.edu/univ/staffsen/forddiscounts.htm

Who ever calls to get your the pin number will give Ford your social security number. Then the financial guy at the dealer puts in the pin and the last four of your social. As long as that matches, you are golden.

I have used the A and Z plan (my dad is retired Ford Aerospace) for over 15 years and I have never had a dealership

refuse the pin number.

There is a limit to the number of X-plan numbers one can get per year. If you don't have anyone who can get you one,

let me know and I will see if my dad is near his limit.

Thank you very much for your kind offer, I understand now.....I will be placing an order for an EDGE (2008) towrds the year end so i will need any help I can get...i don't think my son's pin # (he gets 2 per family,he works for DELL) will be of any help...

I will have to remember you when the moment comes..thanks for your offer

Thank you very much for your kind offer, I understand now.....I will be placing an order for an EDGE (2008) towrds the year end so i will need any help I can get...i don't think my son's pin # (he gets 2 per family,he works for DELL) will be of any help...

I will have to remember you when the moment comes..thanks for your offer

No, you can't use your son's X plan PINs. Those are done through the Ford Partner program and only valid for employees of the partner company and their immediate family.

You can go to the Blue Oval News forums and request a X plan pin from a Ford employee under their Friends and Family program. They just gave all the employees 4 more pins for the year so you might be able to get one. The PIN is created with your personal information and the dealer just has to check your ID to make sure it matches the one on the PIN in the database. You need to buy a vehicle or order one within 30 days of requesting the PIN, otherwise the PIN could be cancelled and reissued to someone else. This is to prevent people from getting PINs but never using them.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?

No, you can't use your son's X plan PINs. Those are done through the Ford Partner program and only valid for employees of the partner company and their immediate family.

You can go to the Blue Oval News forums and request a X plan pin from a Ford employee under their Friends and Family program. They just gave all the employees 4 more pins for the year so you might be able to get one. The PIN is created with your personal information and the dealer just has to check your ID to make sure it matches the one on the PIN in the database. You need to buy a vehicle or order one within 30 days of requesting the PIN, otherwise the PIN could be cancelled and reissued to someone else. This is to prevent people from getting PINs but never using them.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?

AKIRBY, thank you very much i will follow your clear advise.But after visiting the BLUOVAL site it seems that there are many requests and they appear not being attended to. So the processes should be get the pin and then go to the dealer to order or buy from stock in order to get the x plan.Does it matter that if you order it may take about 60 days to delivery?...do I use the pin right off the back when the order is placed?....so there is not 30 day expiration..right?

Again thanks a million for the info.

Ralph L. (NJ)

AKIRBY, thank you very much i will follow your clear advise.But after visiting the BLUOVAL site it seems that there are many requests and they appear not being attended to. So the processes should be get the pin and then go to the dealer to order or buy from stock in order to get the x plan.Does it matter that if you order it may take about 60 days to delivery?...do I use the pin right off the back when the order is placed?....so there is not 30 day expiration..right?

Again thanks a million for the info.

Ralph L. (NJ)

You can order without the PIN assuming the dealer agrees to accept it. You only need the PIN at the time of delivery. However, if you wait until delivery you might not be able to get the PIN so you should have a backup price without the PIN. You can get a PIN now and order the vehicle - just be sure to let your PIN provider know that you've ordered and keep in touch weekly so they don't think you've abandoned the PIN and cancel it.

There are PINs available - some people get them and don't say anything. There are posts where folks have said they have PINs available - try PMing them first. And be specific about what you want to buy and when.