2014 Ford Edge

exodus

• 2 months later...

I don't really see Ford changing the Edge for 2014, the profit margin from the 2011-13 refresh just seems small. Most companies run at least 4 years on a refresh to get a better profit on the redesign. But who knows, and for the 2.0 EB compared to the 3.5EB, I have both motors one in my edge the other in my 2013 SHO. There is a vast difference in power obviously, but there is no raspiness in the 2.0 and it is actually a great engine. I think it is a little small for the Edge, but it wasn't designed to do what the 3.5 does. It does however do the job it was designed to do fairly well.

I'm betting we will see the concept or maybe the real deal at next year's auto show circuit, similar to how we are seeing the MKC this year. I think it will be a MY 2015 available maybe very late in '14. Look at how slow the new MKZs are rolling out.

Ā 

If we were any closer we would be seeing camo-ed mules and/or concepts.

Ā 

It would be great if they would swap the 3.7 for the 3.5 EB in the Sport for '14. I've been itching to get an EB SUV after experiencing the engine in my sister's Lariat, but the Flex and Explorer Sport are more vehicle than I need.

• 2 weeks later...

I was reading something about the future Mustang having 3 powerplants. The 3.7 remains as the entry level motor, then a 4cyl Ecoboost that harkens back to like the 86 SVO type cars with a slight increase in power over the 3.7, which should be cool as long as its torquey and then, of course, the Coyote which i believe will get a slight bump. I love my GT, its a monster, but the transmission (MT-82?) is not the best they can offer sadly. But I still love it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

does anybody know when they are expected to release the 2014?

The new 2014 Escapes are now out. The local dealer here has two in stock. So I am sure the Edge will be close behind. New Escapes are offering different options only. Rear view camera will be one of them and will be offered on other models than just the Titanium. Also dropped the SEL as it was too close to Titanium in options.

• 3 months later...

I did read an article recently indicating the next gen Edge will debut in the upcoming auto show circuit. I believe LA is the first of the series.

Ā 

I think it's pretty much a given that the next gen Edge will not offer a V6 at all. Fingers crossed on the MKX though. Probably a small sub-3.0L turbo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...