what to get ...??? 22's or 24's ...!!

jck7

Hi everyone,

I just purchased a 2010 MKX limited edition, i really like the car, now i want to put nice aftermarket wheels on it. I am looking to go on 22's or 24's. I want wheels that will look big, nice and clean. I do not want wheels that are too big and wide so it will affect the car by rubbing or the wheel will get out of the fender like theres a wrong offset and the wheels look too big for the car. I've seen 24's on MKX before but didnt know if it required modification.

Anyway my last question is try to help me, if you have picture that even better, and if you can give me both specs, like the wheels size i need, tire size, offset i will really appreciate.

( a lowering kit is also an option in my mind ....... so it might be something to consider )

Forget 24's unless you want to go on 'pimp my ride', 22's max. Plus the bigger W/T, the longer to stop, even worse performance/gas consumption.

Also if you go 24's you will have to change up your wardrobe ( jeans with crotch even with the knees, baseball cap sideways, big gold colored chain) nowatimsayin! :lol:

...but it's your car!

ok you might be right, its not rare we saw escalades with 26's but here we are talking about MKX so 22's will do the job .... and do you have any info on which exact wheels i need ?

bolt patern, offset, width, tire size ?

will ill be able to lowered ?

thanks

I like the factory Edge Sport 22's, and I have both. OEM tire size is 265/40/22. They will fit your MKX of course.

There are lowering springs for your car, but not mine.

Frank

Explorer2012.jpg

Xgotsnewshoesyo.jpg

ok you might be right, its not rare we saw escalades with 26's but here we are talking about MKX so 22's will do the job .... and do you have any info on which exact wheels i need ?

bolt patern, offset, width, tire size ?

will ill be able to lowered ?

thanks

Hi,

thanks afor sharing, well you know its everyone taste and personally i dont think 22's is big enough, most of the pictures i am looking at its the 24's i am diggind the most. Sure some looks ridiculous because they didnt have the good offset and the wheels is popping at least 1 inch out of the fenders and this is so awful. But a nice 24's setup nicely choose, classy can look really really nice. On that point can someone help me about the correct size i need on 24's please and if someone have done it before and want to share you are welcome.

Like i said i dont want to bitch on person that prefer 22's over 24's its only my personal opinion, and i am not looking to wear baggy jeans anyway hahahah :)

Yes, everyone has different taste. :closedeyes:

The white car looks great lowered on 22's!

The blue on 24's, too big, don't like that wheel style either. Looks like the circus is in town, sorry.

I see this crap all the time, the biggest wheels, and guys still run the stock brakes. BIG wheels are heavy, you better plan on a brake upgrade.

edge22lowered2.jpg

edge24.jpg

Hi,

thanks afor sharing, well you know its everyone taste and personally i dont think 22's is big enough, most of the pictures i am looking at its the 24's i am diggind the most. Sure some looks ridiculous because they didnt have the good offset and the wheels is popping at least 1 inch out of the fenders and this is so awful. But a nice 24's setup nicely choose, classy can look really really nice. On that point can someone help me about the correct size i need on 24's please and if someone have done it before and want to share you are welcome.

Like i said i dont want to bitch on person that prefer 22's over 24's its only my personal opinion, and i am not looking to wear baggy jeans anyway hahahah :)

Edited by JETZ
  • Like 1

You are right the blue one look ugly if you compare to the white one, but the wheels models on the blue one are so ugly that anything cant be great one you have bad taste like that hahahahah.

Imagine the wheels of the white one, in 24's and we will have another discussion here. Also, the way the image is shooted the white one seem lowered totally vs the blue that seems jacked hahaha it doesn't help at all.

LOOK at this MKX on 24's ok yeah it might be a 2012 but anyway its on 24's personally i think thet made a really good job making the car look classy, sport and they keep the nice fancy look at the same time.

2e34sx2.jpg

Edited by jck7

You are right the blue one look ugly if you compare to the white one, but the wheels models on the blue one are so ugly that anything cant be great one you have bad taste like that hahahahah.

Imagine the wheels of the white one, in 24's and we will have another discussion here. Also, the way the image is shooted the white one seem lowered totally vs the blue that seems jacked hahaha it doesn't help at all.

LOOK at this MKX on 24's ok yeah it might be a 2012 but anyway its on 24's personally i think thet made a really good job making the car look classy, sport and they keep the nice fancy look at the same time.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Yes, everyone has different taste. closedeyes.gifThe white car looks great lowered on 22's!The blue on 24's, too big, don't like that wheel style either. Looks like the circus is in town, sorry.I see this crap all the time, the biggest wheels, and guys still run the stock brakes. BIG wheels are heavy, you better plan on a brake upgrade.edge22lowered2.jpgedge24.jpg

i happy to see everyone input but like people said everyone taste is different the wheels were 26 by the way and there apic up when I put 28" too. It did exactly what I want get attention and drive perfect which was a big thing too I always say 22 look ok but the factory offers that I wanted something different.

Before folks go on putting on some bigass rims, keep in mind that bigass rims are heavy as hell. Every extra pound of reciprocating weight equals adding 7 actual pounds to your car. Trying to handle all of that extra reciprocating weight means that it is going to put a LOT of extra stress on your drivetrain. It is not uncommon to have hub problems, breaking CV joints and half shafts, as well as premature transaxle bearing wear because it now has to rotate all of that extra weight. Then you have a suspension that will likely wear out quicker as well. All of that extra rotating mass means that your brakes now have a helluva lot more work to do. Especially when you go with these massive rims, a brake upgrade needs to come first. It may feel like it is stopping okay, but fade will likely set in much quicker during emergency braking. Those big rims also not only damage much easier, but have a tendency to fatigue much quicker than regular rims. That means that they will have a tendency to crack and start developing stress related structural changes. Also did I mention just how heavy they are when you try to rotate your tires or take them on and off?

• Like 2