Clicking sound while turning

MrHappy

So I was riding in my wife's Sport AWD (22s) the other day with the window down and noticed a ticking noise coming from the passenger side (not sure if it's front and/or back) during slow turns. Once the wheel straightens out it stops but something is definitely clicking during the entire turn. I looked to see if I could spot signs of rubbing in either wheel well and didn't but wondered if anyone has a guess or if this is common before I take it into the dealer to be told some BS line. And help is appreciated.

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

So I was riding in my wife's Sport AWD (22s) the other day with the window down and noticed a ticking noise coming from the passenger side (not sure if it's front and/or back) during slow turns. Once the wheel straightens out it stops but something is definitely clicking during the entire turn. I looked to see if I could spot signs of rubbing in either wheel well and didn't but wondered if anyone has a guess or if this is common before I take it into the dealer to be told some BS line. And help is appreciated.

Are you still experiencing this concern? If you do decide to head into your Ford Dealer, let me know and I'll look at available options.

Todd

The front right suspension was replaced and the last time it happened on the front left side the dealer could not reproduce. It seems to worsen after driving in the rain but thus far it's been quiet again. I'll update this thread if it recurs and we have to take it back in (now on our extended ESP warranty dime versus free/factory warranty).

• 2 weeks later...

The front right suspension was replaced and the last time it happened on the front left side the dealer could not reproduce. It seems to worsen after driving in the rain but thus far it's been quiet again. I'll update this thread if it recurs and we have to take it back in (now on our extended ESP warranty dime versus free/factory warranty).

Hey there,

I apologize this flew outside of my radar; please keep me abreast of any new developments.

Todd

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

2011 Ford Edge Limited FWD here-- I started hearing this right around 100k miles.

I don't know if this is what you were experiencing, but I had a metallic knocking (almost like the sound of a Newton's cradle) that I heard when turning, reversing and accelerating quickly out of parking spots, and sometimes when driving through dips. It seemed to be coming from somewhere beneath the car. At first I thought something was hanging down and swinging into things.

It turned out to be CV axles for my front wheel drive. The rubber housing had worn away, and the metallic knocking I was hearing was the metal components of the axle rubbing on each other. The Firestone mechanic said that since I was only hearing it occasionally I still had a little time before the repair was needed, but if I started hearing the clicking continuously I would need to get it fixed ASAP or my two front wheels may go askew on my.

I took it in, they replaced the housings, and I haven't heard it for the last 10k! I hope this helps!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...