Mustang Parts for Sport?

Geek-A-Leek

So i realize the engine is mounted differently and the intake manifor is different because of that, but has anyone tried mustang performance parts for the edge? I have also seen a few people complain about the "top speed" being limited...1. its a SUV, 2. from what i have read in a few magazines(car/driver, motortrend) the v6 mustang is limited as well to 113ish(only thing the v6 camaro beat it in was top speed).

I don't think that kit will work easily. But a good shop, one that spcializes in custom super charger and turbo applications, could probably fab up something that would work. Lamotta performance, in Longwood (Orlando area), Fl, could make one work. He has his own dyno for the tuning. In addition to the parts and tuning, you also have to give some thought to under hood heat, and how you're going to get rid of it.(in addition to pistons and rods not designed for super charger applications)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Seems to be a $7K disparity in Mustang and Genesis pricing; that's over 25%! I am sure that adding a supercharger and some minor suspension upgrades would get you a far more aggressive pony for still under the cost of the current Genesis offering.

But it's good to have competition!

P.S.: My real complaint with the mustang has always been the heavy doors. Other than that, I have enjoyed driving every version of it from the L4 on up. Takes a bit of control in bad weather (i.e. snow/ice), but appropriate tires help a lot :)

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yea, in comparison, the coyote motor wouldnt ever fit without some serious modifying to the entire firewall and a lot of the front of the interior.

I guess thats just the way it works out, but imagine that, a Ford Edge Sport, no nonsense, 5.0 from the mustang with some semblance of an AWD system.

That being said, I'll have those Accel coils very soon so we'll see if the butt dyno returns any results.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...