Lubrication points

• 2 weeks later...

I can't remember the last time I heard of a ball joint or tie rod end failing on a modern vehicle due to lack of lubrication.

Totally not necessary..

A, you must never have owned an F150 or Explorer. After the balljoints failed, I always replaced them with greaseable Moogs. It is possible to stop a factory balljoint from squeaking with a grease needle after they are dry but by then it's usually to late. Old grease kinda turns into a thick mud-like substance that doesn't lubricate very well.

Edited by fishx65

A, you must never have owned an F150 or Explorer. After the balljoints failed, I always replaced them with greaseable Moogs. It is possible to stop a factory balljoint from squeaking with a grease needle after they are dry but by then it's usually to late. Old grease kinda turns into a thick mud-like substance that doesn't lubricate very well.

I've owned 2 Rangers, 2 Explorers, An Aviator and an Expedition. Never had a problem due to lack of lubrication.

• 4 years later...