SYNC shuffles my music alphabetically?

Does anyone else have problems with SYNC shuffling their music? When i plug my ipod touch or iphone into my car, the first song or 2 is actually shuffled and random but then it starts going in alphabetical song order. And when i try and turn shuffle off, it doesn't turn off, it stays on... Is there a cure to this? I have learned that Ford SYNC doesn't love my Apple products but is there a way to actually get the music to shuffle?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Mine is doing the same thing, it's really annoying. Were you able to figure it out? If so, what did you have to do? Thanks

Mine 2011 MKX has been suffering from this non-random "shuffle" for most of the past year so I'd also like to know if there's a solution?

Since my last update, when I shut off the car and restart it, the music starts playing from the 1st alphabetical album, not the last album/song played. A real P.I.T.A. !

I've found that when I turn off my Edge (with ipod playing), upon the next start-up it shows the ipod connected on the main screen but it (usually?) won't play without pressing the play arrow. So I've begun to use the steering wheel toggle to scroll thru the options before pressing play - then at "play last song" or "play all", I hit play all and "ok". Then to be sure to avoid the alphabetical play, I scroll again to "shuffle all", press "ok" and it shuffles without problem. I avoid using the shuffle tab on the main screen.

Agreed it is a total P.I.T.A. to have to work it this way, but such is life with the Edge.

• 1 month later...

Since my last update, when I shut off the car and restart it, the music starts playing from the 1st alphabetical album, not the last album/song played. A real P.I.T.A. !

I have the same problem although it probably only jumps back to the first album / song every other time I restart the car. It didn't happen until the last software update. In my case it's the group 38 Special and the song "Hold On Loosely" which I used to like. Now when it kicks in I just curse. I'd delete the song if I thought it would help, but I know it will just start defaulting to the next one in order. I like everything about the last update but this little error. I suppose it will be fixed with the next upgrade.

Not directly related to the OP, but there is an option to disable the "play music automatically when vehicle starts and iPod (or iPhone) is plugged in", or something along those lines. At least the same song wont repeatedly play (in my case, it was Styx's AD1958...ohhhhh, how I learned to loath that song) when you start the Edge.