Mothers California Gold Water Spot Remover for Glass

icee

Last night was the first time since I bought my Edge back in June when I was driving home when it was both dark, raining and a lot of oncoming traffic (lights).

Even though I have tried to keep everything clean, including high-quality window cleaner, I couldn't believe just how bad the crud on the windshield was. I had noticed that there were spots on the windshield while driving in rain during the day, but driving last night was horrible. With the lights from the other cars, I could barely see the road.

Having seen the commercials for the Mothers glass cleaner, I found some at a local auto parts store and used it today. You apply and buff it like a wax - you can actually see and feel the difference on the glass when you use it. You can run a cloth over treated and un-treated areas and feel the difference.

Before, I would run the wipers and see all of the marks. Now, the windshield looks clear. Wish I had taken a before / after video to show the difference.

If you run your washer / wipers and see marks all over the windshield, this may help to clean things up.

post-23002-0-68521200-1348955518_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I just got some DuraGloss NU-Glass and used it on a microfiber applicator on a Griots Garage DA Polisher. After polishing a newly washed car I was stunned to see how much garbage I buffed off the glass. I really thought my windows were clean since its a pet peeve of mine to look through a dirty window. Still shaking my head...

http://www.autogeek.net/duragloss-nu-glass.html

Edited by Edgieguy

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

In the past I used to just clay then wax my vehicles glass. Then I switched to Stoner's glass cleaner and Rain X. I traded for an old foxbody mustang (1991) and the glass on the whole car was terrible. I saw one of the Mothers Water Spot Remover for Glass commercials and figured I'd try it. For the ease of use and outcome, I was impressed. That 1991 glass came out smooth/shiny/and repels water.

• 1 month later...

I've always used Rain-X on my vehicles. I just picked up a 2012 Ford Edge this past weekend and I had the windows cleaned and Rain-X'd immediately. It rained the next day and on my way to work in the dark I saw perfectly clear without the use of my wipers.

How are the products (clay, Mothers, Durogloss, etc...) better or different from Rain-X?