Keeping Trim Clean

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone had problems cleaning the black exterior plastic trim on the bottom of the Edge doors. I have tried powerwashing and hand washing and it still holds the dirt. Anybody got any suggestions. I am going to try to Armour All it to see if that gets it out

If its just dirt, wax or grease...

Try some degreaser and a damp carwash mit.

Try to keep the degreaser off the paint.

If you don't you will need to wax where the degreaser was.

Armour All might cover it up , but will collect more dirt.

Has anyone had problems cleaning the black exterior plastic trim on the bottom of the Edge doors. I have tried powerwashing and hand washing and it still holds the dirt. Anybody got any suggestions. I am going to try to Armour All it to see if that gets it out

don't use any silcone shine products or you will have to use then all the time i made that mistake when i had explorer made black look gray if you did not use after every wash

On some of the other Fords, like my father's Expedition...which has the lower body moldings that cover the bottom part of the doors...in less than a year's time, I have noticed that those moldings have faded substantially. It almost looks like sun damage, it's that bad. I have seen other Expeditions with the same deal. Someone told me that it is actually because of the wax at the car wash? I am being real skeptical now, thinking of whether I want to risk taking the new Edge to the car wash, and whether I will see similar damage on the lower rocker moldings of the Edge and on the plastic door handles.

I use Turtle Wax Ice on the black trim everywhere...It is excellent!!!! When washing, I use one of those long handled brushes with the soft bristles, which cleans the bottom areas very well......

Ohhhh, you're talking about the trim on a car......I thought you were down in the District (that's what us locals call Washington) looking for women......well, Turtle Wax Ice is good for the car trim, too...doesn't leave any aftermarks or swirls, and won't fade the color at all....

Edited by 7

• 2 weeks later...