MPG ?????

josephinatx

Okay I have a white Sport 2013 and I got the wife black ford sport 2013

Every freaking week he Mpg is getting better then mine. I dont understand it, we both have 1300 miles

White - 309 full tank

Black - 344 full tank and getting better every week?

I dont understand I just take the toll to work and she drives on regular road and highway.

What are everyone MPG for thier rides on full tank. I'm fixing to reset my ECU by unplugging the battery terminals for 5 mins. Anything else you can think of??

I don't even go by the computer anymore because I had a bad case of mine going from 95 miles to E to 45 miles to E within a 5 mile range....Ford told me to stop watching that because its never very accurate....somewhat of it could also be that women are generally easier on the gas than men are...we like to accelerate more quickly than women do. Other than that, try to drive conservatively when possible and also use Fuelly. Its a website that tracks your mpg and spending on gas and is very accurate. Many users on here use it and it helps me because my car comp. says I get 20.2 mpg (yeah right....) while Fuelly says I get 18.9 mpg (thats more like it). Hope this helps and be patient...many have noticed big increases in mpg once the engine breaks in around 5k miles.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just got mine, but the trip comp says 18.7 Now, as stated I can tell you that those things are not very accurate. I've driven on that was on 0 miles to empty for 20 miles without running out of juice. (it wasn't by choice mind you, i was in the middle of nowhere and there weren't any stations!)

Wanna get an accurate economy reading? Fill up, notate mileage, and run it down and then do the math. You'll get far more accurate readings that way.

• 2 weeks later...

You can still go 110 mph on the autobahn? Are they finally done with construction?

Constructions is always happening. A lot of the autobahn has recommended speed limits. When there is no recommendation, there is no limit.

I got 13.8 MPG while driving 7 hours on a German Autobahn at 110mph. :rockon:

7hrs at 110mph?? HOly cow! Ill drive that long at 87~mph or so, but 110. Dang!

Constructions is always happening. A lot of the autobahn has recommended speed limits. When there is no recommendation, there is no limit.

Supposedly, Germany handles construction planning better, but still not enthralled with it. This was several years ago, when driving 'tween Frankfurt and Baden Baden, at night, all in 1 shot. The Autobahn was not really lighted like the highways Stateside. Would be tooling along at 100+ mph, all of a sudden hit 50 mph zones. Being on your toes is a must out there.

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

I've got a 2011 Sport with 63K miles on it. No problems as of yet. I do 100+ miles a day to work. All highway and I'm pulling in the 23mpg average. I can go from Monday to Thursday on one tank of fuel. One full tank will get me 425 miles average. My Sport is going in the shop this weekend for new tires. First set is just about had it. Been very happy with my Edge so far! Will be keeping it until it dies!

Damon

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a 2014 Edge Sport, with 2200 miles on odometer, my MPG is about 13-14M/G, I am driving 100% in city. It is not a crowd town, 70feet above the sea level, and the average temp is 70F.

My average speed is 40Mph, I really don't get what it is wrong with this car and I regret a lot that I bought the Sport Model.