MPG ?????

josephinatx

Ussualy my trip is in between 1-5 miles, not change yet the oil, and filters, I have just 2200miles. I will try different gas stations.

Thank you

There you go. Your engine barely has time to warm up and you'll never get great fuel economy with all of the current emission controls. This is where a plug-in hybrid would work well.

2012 Sport AWD - Checked the mpg this past weekend on a 200 mile trip, all highway. Best mpg was 24.4mpg, but averaged 22.4 mpg @ 65-70mph. My in-town ride (lots of lights) averages 18 mpg (not bad for a Sport AWD model plus heavy rims). I will take that any day... My SLK55 does 14 mpg (when I am babying it, yeah right...), but then I didn't buy it for its fuel efficiency :)

Not nit picking, but I wonder why anyone would complain about gas mileage in an SUV/CUV weighing >4,000 Ib.... These vehicles are NOT designed for fuel efficiency no matter what the manufacturer claims on the sticker... Just MHO.

Edited by rocketace1

• 2 months later...

I have 2500 miles on my 2014 Edge Sport, and every time I fill the gas tank it show me 219 miles to E, the average mpg on the screen is 11 to 13, I reset the counter but get the same results.

I didn't tried to disconnect the battery perhaps that will help.

I am seriously thinking to change the car, fortunately is a lease.