First Detail after purchase\clear bra questions..

Hi All,

I'm new at using anything but the ubiquitous carnuba turtle wax at the auto parts store, but just picked up the below products from detailedimage.com as I wanted to get some decent protection on the new Edge. Question about the sealant though, can that be put on a 3M clear bra? It also has a clearcoat on it and the installer said 3M recommends 30 days post installation before putting a synthetic wax on it.

Also can the microfiber towels be washed and reused or are they supposed to be disposable after one use?

Thanks

1 Poorboy's World Spray & Wipe (S&W) - 16 oz (w/PBW Blue Trigger)

1 Menzerna Power Lock Polymer Sealant - 16 oz

1 303 Aerospace Protectant - 16 oz

1 Meguiar's Supreme Shine Microfiber Towel 3 pack - 16" x 24"

1 DI Microfiber Applicator Pad

Edited by OnTheFence

I was pointed to Live2Detail.com after reading several detailing posts on this forum. Check out the Ask A Detailer thread here. Some tips that I can remember:

1. Wash microfiber stuff by itself, don't mix in with other types.
  2. Wash before first use to get rid of anything embedded in the towel (yes, even though new). Also helps it fluff up and work better. I think hot water setting is fine for wash.
  3. No bleach or fabric softeners. There are various MF specific detergents available if you want to try them, $8-$10/16 oz. Generally, takes 1 capful for light to medium loads and 2 capfuls for heavy loads.
  4. Dry until lightly damp and hang on rack for final drying (ideally). Just don't use an extended or HOT drying cycle.
  5. Apply minimum pressure to surfaces to get job done. Work in straight lines. Do not "scrub" with towel (on painted surfaces anyway).

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W