Dual Climate Control Repair

multi tester shows equal voltage with key in on position for both connectors, left and right @ BDA'S. pin tested orange and black only of the 5 wire connecting clip. noticed that the orange and black wires are reversed (in connecting clip) for opposite side of vehicle. Could this explain why d/s abd's did not move when connected at p/s for movement test? does anyone have an idea on how I can run a diagnostics test for climate control? I can get into the diag. screen on touch screen....but don't know procedure from there, if there is one. still plugging away........................................sigh.

Edited by 2kool

• 2 weeks later...

We have a 2012 Ford Edge Limited. When we get into the car, the AC is working fine and then all of a sudden it makes clicking noises and the passenger side lowers all the way down to LO. We are not able to raise back up. We need to either turn the dual control back on or shut it off and on. It does not matter if it's on dual control is on or off, it still does it. Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

So my problem is the exact opposite of many on here. Heat on the driver side but none on the passenger side. I am assuming I just remove the glove box and there is one up in there too? I want to try this unplug and plug back in before I bring to the dealer. It is also a 2013.

• 7 months later...

Wow... $1400 for a $20 part and 10 min. Labor. Just when I thought the dealership service departments were getting more reasonable.I had this issue in my 2013 Ford edge Limited where the driver side was blowing hot air when the air conditioning was on. I found by reaching under the drivers side near the center console I could unplug the Blend door actuator and plug it back in and this remedied the situation. Unfortunately, the problem reappeared a few days later so I did the same action unplug and plug back in and fixed it. Has been working now for about a week. I have been having a hard time trying to find a part number for this actuator when I called the Ford dealer and ask for the part number they said they didn't get mad over the phone. So I still don't know what the driver side door actuator part number is for a 2013 Ford edge Limited.

I have a 2013 Ford Edge Limited AWD and I just tried what you said and it is not working. I have the same issue driver side vents are blowing hot air while the A/C is on! It is so annoying. Did you unplug the actuator while the car and climate were running or any other process you tried. It is not working for me and the actuator got replaced last year.

Wow... $1400 for a $20 part and 10 min. Labor. Just when I thought the dealership service departments were getting more reasonable.I had this issue in my 2013 Ford edge Limited where the driver side was blowing hot air when the air conditioning was on. I found by reaching under the drivers side near the center console I could unplug the Blend door actuator and plug it back in and this remedied the situation. Unfortunately, the problem reappeared a few days later so I did the same action unplug and plug back in and fixed it. Has been working now for about a week. I have been having a hard time trying to find a part number for this actuator when I called the Ford dealer and ask for the part number they said they didn't get mad over the phone. So I still don't know what the driver side door actuator part number is for a 2013 Ford edge Limited.

I have a 2013 Ford Edge Limited AWD and I just tried what you said and it is not working. I have the same issue driver side vents are blowing hot air while the A/C is on! It is so annoying. Did you unplug the actuator while the car and climate were running or any other process you tried. It is not working for me and the actuator got replaced last year.

Try resetting the HVAC controller module. Press the climate control power button and the defrost button (on some systems iys the "auto" button) at the same time, hold a couple of seconds, then press the power button one more time. A code of 88 88 means it's working properly.

Edited by enigma-2
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally broke down and had the dealer "REPROGRAMMED THE HVAC MODULE AND CALIBRATED THE AC MODE ACTUATORS". Charged $135.00. They said I had to replace the bda on the passenger side even though that was still working. I had replaced the driver side but never could get it to work even trying all the suggestions I found here. I bought a new bda for the passenger side, put it in and went back to the dealer and within about a half an hour it was fixed. I did save a lot by installing the bda's myself but my left hand took a beating putting in the driver side bda. Needs someone with skinny hands to get the screws in.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I know this has been talked about a lot but i have a question. I have a 2012 ford edge limited and the driver air went hot and passengers air went cold. After reading all the post I went under the dash to figure out how and where the hvac blend door motor was on the driver side and found it. I tried unplugging it which did nothing and then i manually moved the rod myself and my cold air came back. Does that mean the driver side blend motor went bad?

Would anyone have the driver side Hvac Blend door part number? There are a lot to pick from.

I believe this is what you want, left side (driver):

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-mode-motor-7t4z19e616b/?c=Zz1odmFjJnM9ZXZhcG9yYXRvci1jb21wb25lbnRzJmk9TVcwNzExMDUmcj0xMiZhPWZvcmQmbz1lZGdlJnk9MjAxMiZ0PWxpbWl0ZWQmZT0zLTVsLXY2LWdhcw%3D%3D

Edited by omar302
  • Like 1

I have a 2008 Edge LTD with the dual zone climate control. We live in Canada and in the winter the driver's side had no heat, now that it's summer the driver's side a/c is not awesome. I would like to try the "re-calibration" before I go down the blend door actuator path. I tried last night using various methods of pressing the power/defrost and auto and all that... with no visible success. Is there a way to do this on the 1st gen models like mine? Or do I need to take it to the dealer? It's WAY off warranty so I avoid the dealer as much as possible. I guess next step is disconnect/reconnect the BDA connection to get it to re-calibrate? Or should I just buy an actuator and not even bother with that process? The whole re-calibration thing seems a little "optimistic" to me. Haha! Thanks in advance for any guidance.

I have a 2012 Edge LTD with the dual zone climate with 106k miles. I also had the issue of blowing hotter than hot air on the driver's side, and cold on the passenger's with the AC on Max. Thanks to this thread, I was able to try the recommendations here. I unplugged the green connector with the car off, plugged back in and turned car on. Turned on AC, still the same result. Next, turned car off, then unplugged connector, and started car. Turned AC on, no changes. Turned AC off, car is still running. Plugged the green connector back in, saw the rod move once I plugged it back in. Turned AC back on and it worked! :) We'll see how long it lasts. Thank you everyone!

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/20436-ac-stuck-on-hot/?do=findComment&comment=155373

Step 5

I have a 2008 Edge LTD with the dual zone climate control. We live in Canada and in the winter the driver's side had no heat, now that it's summer the driver's side a/c is not awesome. I would like to try the "re-calibration" before I go down the blend door actuator path. I tried last night using various methods of pressing the power/defrost and auto and all that... with no visible success. Is there a way to do this on the 1st gen models like mine? Or do I need to take it to the dealer? It's WAY off warranty so I avoid the dealer as much as possible. I guess next step is disconnect/reconnect the BDA connection to get it to re-calibrate? Or should I just buy an actuator and not even bother with that process? The whole re-calibration thing seems a little "optimistic" to me. Haha! Thanks in advance for any guidance.

• 2 years later...

This fixed mine!!!

I've been driving my 2011 Edge Limited for the last 5 years having to turn the heat up to 80 on the drivers side in order to get any heat on the that side.  Passenger side was always fine.  I've been reading these "repairs" that were all over the map for what was wrong.  The dealer even looked at it and said they found no problem.   Last week I came across the YouTube video that fixed my problem.  Been working for a week......  Wished I'd found it 5 years ago...  There are 2 versions of the recalibration, 1 for Limited and 1 for SEL.  You may want to try this:future:

and a similar fix for the SEL's that use a key to start 

• Like 3