vinyl wrapping grill

kuszak

looking for any info or directions to other threads (I've read a lot but if anyone has come across a step-by-step guide that would be helpful) or a thread with tips on doing it with bumper on or off and that kind of thing i'd really appreciate it. Driving a 2008 edge lim.

if anyone has done it what size roll do you recommend to do it in one piece?

also, I'm totally new to any customizing or mods and just thought this would be a somewhat forgiving project because I imagine I'd screw it up once or twice but hopefully can just peel and redo with new vinyl

I'd like to try it on my own only to save money but if anyone knows someone in the Northern NJ area that does vinyle work like this on the somewhat cheap <200? i'd be interested too.

Edited by kuszak

Is there a reason you are going with vinyl instead of plasti-dip? Messing up and removing the vinyl to start again might be a tough process. I had my vinyl on for over 6 months before I took it off and it was pretty difficult and there was a lot of clean-up on the grill to do. IMO plasti-dip is much easier to install and cheaper. There is also a gloss option for plasti-dip.

• 4 months later...

How does the plasti-dip hold up in the long run? Also did you do your wheels with the plasti-dip and how are those holding?

Hd joe is right, PD holds up very well. I have PD'ed everthing that is black on my Edge, wheels and grill. I have made a video tutorial on how to PD your wheels on the forum. Do a search for it and check it out. Even when I go through a car wash, the PD is not disturbed. It's also amazing protection durring winter against all the road salt and debris that might come your way.

• 3 years later...