Light "pop" (clunk) from right rear wheel area...

Howdy folks! New to the Forum, and proud 2013 Edge Limited AWD owner. Took delivery just before Thanksgiving and, aside from some Sync MFT learning curves, loving every minute of it. :woot:

Here's my issue: I'm hearing a small "pop" or clunk from the right rear of the vehicle. It almost sounds like something in the cargo area hitting the side, but the cargo area is empty. I hear it primarily when slowing almost to a stop. A few times I even heard the sound come from the three other corners of the vehicle in the same instance. It was that clue which led me to think it's a suspension or ABS brake issue...

My question: Is there some normal mechanical function that explains this sound, or should I be concerned?

2430 happy miles with no performance issues.

Edited by PR3LL707

Are you sure you dont have anything loose placed under the cargo floor, around the spare tire?

And that was my second thought! :) At least we're all on the same track... If it helps, the "pop" sometimes comes from the other wheel well areas, and just yesterday from directly beneath my vehicle... I'm wondering if it's somehow related to the drivetrain or AWD system? Thanks, Folks! Keep the ideas coming...

• 1 year later...

I don't post much, mostly read. But my 2013 Edge Sport makes same noise mainly going over uneven roads, speed bumps etc at slower speeds (40 mph) and slower. This noise is driving me nuts. Is there a fix for this or is the dealer going to tell me to live with it?

Same issue with my edge 2013, 35K Km driven

I don't post much, mostly read. But my 2013 Edge Sport makes same noise mainly going over uneven roads, speed bumps etc at slower speeds (40 mph) and slower. This noise is driving me nuts. Is there a fix for this or is the dealer going to tell me to live with it

I have sneaking suspicion my spare tire cover rattles around in the back over certain bumps. Maybe I should try attaching some Velcro to see if it helps.

The rear brake pad on my MKX lightly clunks and clangs when I climb into the driver's seat.

I don't recall seeing this old post, but my MKX does the same thing when cold. I chuckle because my Edge did the exact same thing. It's not serious, but I can distinctly hear it when I'm parked in the garage. Edited by Limited59

• 1 month later...