Nav issues

Hello,

I'm looking for some advice. Tonight, on the way home from work I encountered a strange issue. When I select the Travel Link Weather Map I see a map briefly then the screen returns to the home page. Also, saw a msg indicating unable to read Nav SD card. I can select Navigation on the screen, but sometimes after a pause while Nav loads. Hit Weather Map again and you're returned to home screen. Strange!

Before I hit the gym I loaded the Delayed Reboot App you can download from here http://outofmytouch.com/reboot.html I received my orignal on our Ford Edge forum immediately after someone posted it. The reboot didn't fix the problem. Next, performed the dreaded Master Reboot; I hate losing all of my Nav waypoints. I need to re-enter them AGAIN after I think, I forget how many times.

The master reset seems to help for a bit, but my Nav system now wants to default to a location in Detroit until the GPS syncs. Also, the Weather Map's back to it's tricks returning to the home page. If I select my home waypoint the Nav sets the map correctly.

My question, do any of you recall where to set our default weather location adn maybe a default home location? I recall Garmins request your home territory during the setup mode and if you move you can again change the home location. Yes, it's different from your actual home waypoint. I looked in the Touch PDF, but so far, no joy.

I'm fortunate because I didn't run into the continous MFT problems other guys did, but to date dealer replaced a dead APIM, bad radio front panel which turned my heat up to max and flaky key fob.

BTW, I'm running MFT 3.5.1 and A4 SD card. I upgraded over a week ago without any problems except a few why did they code it that way. I thought about playhing fuse 29, but we know how much we all like trying to find the fuse when wearing glasses.

Thanks,

Rich

• 5 years later...

ok i am new to the ford edge but here goes i bought mine used its a 2011 edge sel and i dont know if it came with navigation or not. i have the a5 card and i tried it but it says no device when i plug it into the sd card slot in the console is there another place for the nav sd card? how do i know if it came with nav originally? when i click on the compass it has the where am i button but it does nothing. also the 911 asist doesnt work???