What is the best HID kit for the Edge?

2011 - 2013 have the exact same bulbs. The halogen OEM is the 9012 size bulb. The Edge Sport comes with halogen bulbs as OEM.

The Edge Limited comes with an OEM HID installed from the factory, THAT is the the D3S bulb.

D3S is NOT a halogen bulb, it is an HID bulb. TRS assumes that you are trying to replace your OEM D3S bulb (which you do NOT have, you have a 9012 HIR2) with another color temp, that is why they are telling you they can't help you.

Where are you looking for your bulb? Have you looked in your owners manual? It clearly shows you a chart describing EXACTLY as I just explained:

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/pubs/content/~WODEDG/~MUS~LEN/41/13edgom3e.pdf (Look at page 299).

Take the leap buddy! You have 9012 (HIR2) bulbs, which can be replaced with 9006 or 9005 size bulbs.

• Like 1

Correct. Just get that kit (you could go with a DDM or another brand as well, but I'm glad you're going with TRS) with the 9006 bulbs and select the Heavy Duty Relay harness.

Note: I don't recommend anything higher than 5K but, again, that's your choice.

One last thing... You can save a few $ by purchasing the kit on ebay and make them an offer (it's sold directly by them).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MORIMOTO-9006-ELITE-HID-SYSTEM-3FIVE-BALLASTS-RELAY-KIT-5000K-XENON-BULBS-/261002427193?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cc4f4fb39&vxp=mtr

You can also request that they include the 50W kit instead of the 35W if that is what you decideyou want.

Correct. Just get that kit (you could go with a DDM or another brand as well, but I'm glad you're going with TRS) with the 9006 bulbs and select the Heavy Duty Relay harness.

Note: I don't recommend anything higher than 5K but, again, that's your choice.

One last thing... You can save a few $ by purchasing the kit on ebay and make them an offer (it's sold directly by them).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MORIMOTO-9006-ELITE-HID-SYSTEM-3FIVE-BALLASTS-RELAY-KIT-5000K-XENON-BULBS-/261002427193?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cc4f4fb39&vxp=mtr

You can also request that they include the 50W kit instead of the 35W if that is what you decideyou want.

i wish I knew this earlier. Oh well

Yes, very much a hint of blue (more blue than white, actually). Almost everyone on here who went with 6k has been disappointed and switched to 5k). Typical OEM kis are 4300k. Pure white will be 5k @ 50w.

Search through my old posts for color vs wattage.

I am thrilled with my setup. Zero blue, crystal white output (I know, adjectives are tough when describing white).

In my opinion, 6k is an awful waste of money and dangerous on wet roads. Can't see sh!t.

Edited by candurin

Ok so i think i lost my man card today, went to install the morimoto 55w kit with the can bus harness. I originally got the heavy duty harness when i ordered my kit but when i exchanged it because a connector was broken they sent me the can bus when i said i had a 13 edge. When i got it i thought it would be easier, but i really must have got super dumb. Because i cannot get it to fire for the life of me. I tried switching it around all different ways in case i was wrong but still no luck. I know with my gto and the ddm setup i have i had the reverse polarity but didnt think this did. Please help before i lose my mind.

I ended up ordering the 35w. From what I read the 50w is brighter but less bulb life. I can see ok with my smoked lights now with halogen. Im sure I will be just fine with the 35w HIDs.

Thanks again for your patience Candurin.

And if you order online use the coupon code TRSFBLIKE to receive 5% off order.

Edited by Dawgs18

Candurin, do you have the morimoto? I got mine today and there are no instructions, but that is ok. My problem is there is an extra plug by itself. No clue what it goes to, it has a black wire and an orange wire and are both cut at one end. It doesn't seem to go to any other part of the light set up.

I do have the morimotos. I recall there were some extra components that were not used (and there is also a free/unused connector on my passenger side that I zip tied).

I'll have to look under the hood to check the wire colors, but as I am Germany now it will have to wait until I get back home next week.