Waxing New Edge

I should be getting my 2013 Edge Ltd soon and since I'm in Canada with our bad winters I wonder if I should wax the car soon as I get her

I plan to have her undercoated with Ziebart but not sure about the wax job. Seems I remember reading somewhere that you should not wax a new car but not sure

Yes, I'd get a nice layer of sealent on her right away. Hope Ziebart does a good job on the undercoating for you. I don't take my vehicles there for undercoating anymore cuz the one in my area puts it on way to thick which can do more harm then good. They do seem to do a decent job with rustproofing but I don't have that done anymore.

Hey oskar27,

Probably one of the best, longest lasting waxes on the market is one called Collinite 845 insulator wax. Check with Edgieguy and Richy, who are on the forum, they will testify how great it is. Edgieguy put a post, with pics, when he did his Sport, it's somewhere in here, you can go a search on Collinite, and probably find the post. I used it on my car and my wife's, and the water beading is amazing. The only thing with Collinite, is you should have the temperature around 60 degrees or warmer.

Joe

Hey oskar27,

Probably one of the best, longest lasting waxes on the market is one called Collinite 845 insulator wax. Check with Edgieguy and Richy, who are on the forum, they will testify how great it is. Edgieguy put a post, with pics, when he did his Sport, it's somewhere in here, you can go a search on Collinite, and probably find the post. I used it on my car and my wife's, and the water beading is amazing. The only thing with Collinite, is you should have the temperature around 60 degrees or warmer.

Joe

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/11359-getting-the-sport-ready-for-winter/