2013 edge 2.0 with battery at 10v

builder1

I've been having trouble starting the new Edge. Not just in the morning mind you but at all different times.

I checked the battery just now with my Fluke and it reads 10v. I just started it to move it a few feet in my garage and it did fine

but I'm wondering about the batt voltage. I'll check again in the morning before I try to start then. I checked all connections

visible and everything seemed tight so anyone know? Going back to dealer Thursday, I mean after all it is two weeks old, time for

repair, right?

Edited by builder1

10V on a battery is not good at all. I think the battery has caps which can be taken off and the fluid level checked? I am out of town right now and don't have the Edge with me but I think I remember seeing the caps on my 2013.

Sounds like it could be a dry cell(s) or a bad cell(s).

10V on a battery is not good at all. I think the battery has caps which can be taken off and the fluid level checked? I am out of town right now and don't have the Edge with me but I think I remember seeing the caps on my 2013.

Sounds like it could be a dry cell(s) or a bad cell(s).

That's what I thought which sounds ridiculous since the thing was bought new and I've had it for only 3 weeks. I asked for an appointment tomorrow and

of course no response back from the dealer yet. Between this and gas dribbling out of the filler neck when gassing up I'm pretty fed up. BTW it will not remote start either so when I get in I have no idea if it is going to start or not til I push the button while having my foot on the brake, ridiculous!

Edited by builder1

Took the Edge in this morning and guess what the charging system checks out OK it's a brand new bad battery. They also

said I had a bad gas filler neck so they ordered a new one to install tomorrow. I think they thought I was crazy until they attempted

to fill the tank and gas drizzled down the side just like I said it would.