Rain Water

oskar27

Today was the 1st time I drove my Edge under rain and when I tried to crack my window open a bit I noticed tons of water coming inside from the top of the roof and from the wipers when the swipe to the left; there is a heater outlet next to the window at the doors front top and some water went inside there and the rest spilled inside and over the mirror control

Very surprised and looks like a faulty design? Remember older cars had a lip around the roof to divert water away from windows.

Anyone has a similar problem?

Anything in aftermarket to correct this problem?

I have posted about this problem before. I havent opened the window while its raining, but the same happens to me when i use the wipers. If there is water on the windshield and the window is cracked the wipers will guide the water right into the car. Same happens if i make a right turn and the windows are down or I'm driving and spray the windshield wipers. All that cleaner will come into the car or down the side of the window. Very annoying.

I noticed this problem too and purchased a set of Weathertech visors which look great and do help, but with a trade-off of some increased wind noise. This seems to only be a problem for me on the driver side. Weathertech provides great customer service and even sent a new replacement set but still the wind noise. Anyone else have a similar experience with the visors?

The rain gutters of yesteryear are a victim of sleek, aerodynamic, fuel efficient designs of today. As smooth as possible.

I just experienced the hydrophilic properties of my windows yesterday whilst in the rain .. even standing still it pulled rain from 5 feet away and into the window opening .. :runaway:

They do sound quite practical. Would anyone with these installed post some pics for me? I understand how they work and don't need close-up shots. I would like to see the "whole vehicle" image with them installed.

The rain gutters of yesteryear are a victim of sleek, aerodynamic, fuel efficient designs of today. As smooth as possible.

You're right, the models of ole have burnt an ever lasting impression in my mind. They seriously scare me. So I'm open to new impressions.

• 1 year later...

I got my weathertech rain channels about 2 years ago and I can't be happier. Besides the sharp look, if I did not have them the rain will always flood the interior because I always drive with my drivers window open or half open.

Cost me about CAD$100.00 for the front pair and I installed them myself. They come in either brown or green tint and got mine in brown since I have Kodiak brown. They also help to reduce wind noise post-25052-0-45064200-1413960974_thumb.jpgpost-25052-0-40129200-1413960993_thumb.jpg

Picture attached

• Like 1

Cellbine, I have these since 08/11 nice product, 2 draw backs: the road grit get caught between the top outer edge of the glass and the deflector. lowering the window, scratches this part of the window. Then the grit falls on to the arm rest ect... Something to consider before buying.

• 2 weeks later...

Installed the Weathertechs today. The fit is very tight, so you have to be cautious during installation not to scratch up your paint etc.

For the fronts, I inserted the rear portion first into the channel, angled so that the front portion of the "boomerang" cleared the mirror. Keep a grip on both ends at all times to prevent it from wandering. Once the rear and middle portions are inserted, carefully work in the front portion (be patient). The bottom edge will come to rest on the weatherstrip.

The rear windows were much easier to do, no mirrors to deal with :)

CAREFULLY work your windows up to the newly installed visors and make sure there is no interference. If there is, keep a slight outward pressure on the visor so the window gets past that initial resistance. Close all the way, slowly & carefully. Leave the windows closed for some time to let the arrangement settle into the final position.