Will There be a 2014 Model?

blankster

Interesting that the tech specs for the 2014 model recommend 91+ octane fuel for the 2.0l turbo. (87 minimum). The 2013 tech specs recommend 87 but also state that the HP and torque figures were reached using premium fuel. Does that mean the engine is newer design or are they just finally being open about needing premium fuel to get the best out of the turbo?

Nice catch Grumzy. Waldo brings up a great points about CAFE (Corporate Average Fuel Economy) but something in my gut has me waiting to purchase an Edge till I see what the 2014 has. Hope the incentives are extended. I wish the 20" chrome cad rims were redesigned so either the plastic cover was replaceable or the rims were an AL finish. I went to a dealer and it appeared an employee destroyed two rims moving the Edge back into the area where the new Edges were staged. I just stopped in so not 100% sure he did the damage but he came close the the curb and the rims were good on my last visit, the day before. I still doubt that anything signification changes on the last model year..

Checkout http://www.thecarconnection.com/overview/ford_edge_2014. First media coverage if the 2014 Edge that I've seen.

Yes I had seen that. Needs to be taken with a grain of salt however. While doing a Google search there are times when searching for the 2014 model the search results will come up with older models that simply have the year changed to 2014. This gets you to visit their site

Not sure where the pic is from, but a look like that is easily achievable. If that's why you're asking. You just need to take those bottom inserts out and have them painted to match your Edge. I think there are some members on here that have actually done this. If you scour through the gallery or do a search for grills, I'm sure you will come up with something.

• 4 weeks later...

New to the forum and have read both threads about the 2014 Edge. I am downsizing from an 03 Expedition Eddie Bauer 4x4 fully loaded (still runs well and in great shape at 115k miles) and had been back and forth between the Escape and the Edge. I didn't like the "space age" feel of the dashboard in the Escape and ackward knobs and set up the My Ford Touch screen/features. I liked the inside of the Edge much better and was similiar to what I currently have.

I want specific colors/options on either a SEL or Limited and know once August gets here the supply is going to start to dwindle once you can no longer order them. I wish the front chrome grill was more like the Explorer so waiting to see if the 2014 may have some cosmetic changes.

When are the auto shows that would hopefully show what Ford's plan is for the 14 or 15 Edge?

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

http://news.yahoo.com/exclusive-2016-ford-edge-sold-europe-china-sources-164842318.html (August 28, 2013)

"DETROIT (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co expects to sell its Edge midsize crossover utility vehicle in global markets when the car is redesigned in early 2015, two sources familiar with the automaker's plans said on Wednesday.

Ford will build versions of the new Edge in North America and China for local customers, according to U.S. automotive suppliers familiar with the program. For the European market, the Edge would be imported from North America and sold in Ford's European showrooms alongside the redesigned S-Max and Galaxy.

The Edge, the S-Max and the Galaxy will all share a common architecture, known inside Ford as CD4.2, according to suppliers, and all three are slated to go into production about the same time.

In the United States, the new Edge is expected to go on sale in spring 2015 as a 2016 model, supplier said.

Neither the new S-Max nor the new Galaxy will be sold in the United States, a Ford spokesman confirmed.

Regarding the convergence of the three vehicles on a shared platform, Ford said, "We don't comment on rumor and speculation regarding future products."

On Tuesday, Ford previewed a concept version of the new S-Max that will be displayed next month at the Frankfurt Auto Show.

The new Edge and the new S-Max have been developed simultaneously, according to U.S. supplier sources, and share the same engineering program code, CD391, used by automakers and suppliers.

While their underpinnings are similar, the two vehicles will look different both inside and outside, sources said.

The new Edge and the new S-Max "will not be mirror images" of one another, as Ford's Escape and Kuga utility vehicles are, one source said.

The 2016 Edge will be wider and taller than the S-Max, but will be fitted with just two rows of seats. The Edge will have more rugged styling cues and be aimed at utility-vehicle buyers in both Europe and the United States.

The new S-Max will get three rows of seats and be targeted in Europe toward a different audience, including young families shopping for a multipurpose vehicle."

(Reporting by Paul Lienert in Detroit; Editing by Jeffrey Benkoe)

Edited by JimPA

• 1 month later...