Horn keeps going off for no reason!

Do you have a panic button on your remote? Could that be accidentally getting pressed?

I have done that a couple of times with my older cars, wanting to press the unlock button without looking & getting it wrong :hysterical2:

Will the Lock/Unlock buttons help stop the horn from going off?

Another thing could be a flaw in the passive security system (not same as alarm), but that is a shot in the dark.

• 2 years later...

Did you ever solve your random horn honking?

I have a 2008 Edge and all of a sudden, the horn gives a couple of quick honks while I'm driving. It sounds like the remote starter is trying to start the engine, but it's already running. Did you find out your problem? Did you find a solution?

Thanks.

Peter

• 1 year later...

I've got a similar but different problem. When we lock our 2008 Edge and walk away from it, the horn will honk every five seconds or so for about 8-10 times and then stop. Occasionally the alarm will go off when we get in the vehicle and we have to disarm it to make it stop. That hasn't happened in a few months, but now the honking is occurring.

We keep waiting for the alarm to go off when we get a ways from the vehicle and it's driving us crazy. We expect to be paged on the supermarket intercom telling us a 2008 Edge alarm is going off.