Turn in man card?

Lowery89

Do you really drive that much to switch to the hybrid? Calculate the amount you will save in gasoline costs with the hybrid verses the Sport, and then take into consideration how much you will loose on the Edge dollar wise, and also the extra ????'s that the hybrid will cost you, unless, of course, you go for Lincoln MKZ, where hybrid or gas are the same price. I sat in a new Fusion at the dealership when they first came out, not bad inside, but a little cramped for my liking.

The batteries are worse for the environment, but it's still a Ford... Just scratch the Hybrid and get a Fusion that will, in itself, yield better mpg, unless you find yourself driving harder because it can handle it.

I have a 13 Fusion Titanium with the 2.0L eCoBoost and I can tell you that the Gas Mileage isn't any better than the Edge.. I get 21-23 on the HWY in my Edge and the same in my Fusion.

I have a 13 Fusion Titanium with the 2.0L eCoBoost and I can tell you that the Gas Mileage isn't any better than the Edge.. I get 21-23 on the HWY in my Edge and the same in my Fusion.

I have the 19" wheels and I get 30-32 on the highway depending on speed. If you're getting 23 (steady state) driving 65 or slower then something is seriously wrong.

I have the 19" wheels and I get 30-32 on the highway depending on speed. If you're getting 23 (steady state) driving 65 or slower then something is seriously wrong.

I am betting that Florida highway traffic is the culprit. They get their fair share of traffic backups, jams, and irrational drivers.

• Like 1

You're correct.. The Fusion is what's wrong.. I know you are on that site and see the forum post about 2.0L eCoBoost consumption.. I am not the only one.. The motor has 2300 miles on it so I know that I am still breaking it in, but the gas mileage sucks..

As for Florida driving, you are correct.. I live in Orlando so I drive, 417, 408 and I-4 daily to work.. Some day's its 65mph steadily and others, its stop and go for an hour straight.. Maybe that is the culprit but all in all, the Gas tank only takes 11-13 gallons of Gas, depending on how it feels.. Even when I am about 35 miles below 0 DTE, and the MPG is balls..

I too have the 19" H spokes..

You're correct.. The Fusion is what's wrong.. I know you are on that site and see the forum post about 2.0L eCoBoost consumption.. I am not the only one.. The motor has 2300 miles on it so I know that I am still breaking it in, but the gas mileage sucks..

As for Florida driving, you are correct.. I live in Orlando so I drive, 417, 408 and I-4 daily to work.. Some day's its 65mph steadily and others, its stop and go for an hour straight.. Maybe that is the culprit but all in all, the Gas tank only takes 11-13 gallons of Gas, depending on how it feels.. Even when I am about 35 miles below 0 DTE, and the MPG is balls..

I too have the 19" H spokes..

What does "stop-and-go" have to do with highway driving? Of course you're getting 23 mpg in stop-n-go highway traffic. If you get 23 at a steady state 65 mph on flat roads then something is wrong. And what does fuel tank capacity have to do with mpg?

I never get less than 20 mpg even in city type driving with lots of traffic and red lights. And I can easily get 33 mpg on the highway if I drive 55 on flat roads.

You can't just drive any way you want and expect to get the EPA ratings.

I just checked my 2013 Edge SEL AWD today and Im getting 23 in town and its not broke in yet,only has 1900 miles on it,going to New York next month from Ohio so Ill see how she does with highway MPG, my 2011 Ranger was getting 20 highway,

What does "stop-and-go" have to do with highway driving? Of course you're getting 23 mpg in stop-n-go highway traffic. If you get 23 at a steady state 65 mph on flat roads then something is wrong. And what does fuel tank capacity have to do with mpg?

I never get less than 20 mpg even in city type driving with lots of traffic and red lights. And I can easily get 33 mpg on the highway if I drive 55 on flat roads.

You can't just drive any way you want and expect to get the EPA ratings.

You can't always jump to conclusions sir.. You don't know how I drive so please don't insinuate.. I know that you are a wealth of knowledge, but treating others as if they don't know shit isn't fair at times. I read your negative tone inflection on a daily basis.. Stop and go has everything to do with it.. I can get 33MPG as well for about 5 minutes and then the numbers start to fall at the first sight of an off ramp.. In the city with stop and go, I get about 18mpg. Your conditions are different than mine, obviously but I am still just stating what I see. Just like the other members on the Fusion Forum. I am not alone here, so don't treat me like I am.

The fuel tank capacity was just a jab at the fact that something is wrong yet again in the category of "fuel".. I have a 16.5 gallon tank but have never been able to put more than 11 gallons in the damn car, even when going 30 miles past 0.. Give me a break.. Damn!

I edited this because I too at times, can input negative tone inflection into my comments. I try not too so after walking away and retyping some of this.. I feel that the above should be mentioned.. I have sat back and watched it for far too long!

Edited by Eatinitup

Since my 07 has an analog gauge, I am ever so happy to watch that instead of any of the other readings, including miles to empty. I use the mpg readout to finetune my driving, that's about it.

The analog gauge has been consistent for me fillup to fillup. I think the electronics need some reworking in current gen Ford vehicles!

Since my 07 has an analog gauge, I am ever so happy to watch that instead of any of the other readings, including miles to empty. I use the mpg readout to finetune my driving, that's about it.

The analog gauge has been consistent for me fillup to fillup. I think the electronics need some reworking in current gen Ford vehicles!

Agreed!