**MAJOR FLAW** Digital THERMOMETER is not measuring accurately!!!!

:banghead:

WOW! I am PISSED! I recently checked the outside temperature the old fashoined way..comparing the car thermometer to an outside office building display thermometer and came up with a 4 degree difference! DING DING DING! You should NEVER get that big of a difference of temperature!

SO....I checked the temperature starting with a local TV station time/temp phone number. SURE ENOUGH, over 4 degrees that it was not the same.... My wife has a Honda with a inside temperature readout. We drove down the road and checked the temperature on that and then took the Edge on the same trip...SURE ENOUGH! It is NOT right!. This makes the outside temperature from the Edge look warmer than it actually is!!!!!! WHAT A SCAM! What can I do about this?

Check yours and report back...maybe it is just mine that is MESSED UP! :redcard: Man, am I MAD!

Um...dont let those 4 degrees go to your head, man - chill out :shades:

Seriously, thermometers are going to read differently whether in a car, weather station, shade, sun, engine bay, etc. Can't even get two weathermen to agree on temperature!

I'm not talking about a weather station or engine bay, I am talking about the MAIN thermometer. YOU CAN'T RESET THAT! That is wrong! I have heard of odometer tampering but thermometer tampering?!? And her car was 4 degrees more accurate while my Edge was off by 4 degrees! THAT MAKES MY CAR READ THE OUTSIDE HOTTER THAN IT REALLY IS WHEN I GET READY TO STEP OUTSIDE! BTW, I checked it with someone else's car and got the SAME results...man am I pissed! I have LOVED my car until now!

It's the wind deflector for your BAMR that is causing the temp. difference....the stealership really ripped you off...demand monetary compensation. Also, the pressure wave created by having the rear windows open contribute to the temp. difference. The pressure wave is cause by a design flaw of the Edge....Sue Ford (as in lawsuit, not the person)for millions, because you can't drive down the road at insanely high speeds with your rear windows open!! F*ckin' A, man!!

Edited by ZippyThePinhead

It's the wind deflector for your BAMR that is causing the temp. difference....the stealership really ripped you off...demand monetary compensation. Also, the pressure wave created by having the rear windows open contribute to the temp. difference. The pressure wave is cause by a design flaw of the Edge....Sue Ford (as in lawsuit, not the person)for millions, because you can't drive down the road at insanely high speeds with your rear windows open!! F*ckin' A, man!!

Nope, no windows or BAMR were opened...since then, I have taken my wife's other NEWER truck and got the same deal...hers is a digital reader too.

I called the dealership and they just LAUGHED and blew me off.! But I am TELLING you...those that think you are getting ACCURATE temperatures...check the THERMOMETER against other vehicles. Remember, I am NOT talking about OUTSIDE TEMPERATURE...I am talking about the actual TEMPERATURE that your thermometer is saying.You will be surprised.

BTW, the old truck old truck and new car were within 1 degree...so....they are accurate and my Edge is NOT!

Go read this thread and then maybe you'll get it.

Thank you AKirby...a lot of people on this thread have been SO RUDE! I am just totally angry that my $32,000 vehicle is not measuring temperature right! It might not seem like a big deal, BUT, if you consider when your temperature reads 80 degrees and it is really only 76 you'd be pissed too!

I have been a big fan of the Edge...see my previous posts. I just became skeptical when I took a trip and was thinking it was 80 degrees...I knew somethig was fishy when I step outside and it feels cooler..something is not right!

I am just a little hacked right now...

Thanks a lot. I loved my MKX until I found out today that my thermometer is one degree higher than actual. On the other hand, it's 3 degrees better than yours. :hyper: I guess that's what you get when you pay an extra $10k. :shades:

I went to the store and bought a digital thermometer.

Taped it to my dash.

It's kind of cool actually - because of the reflection, I can see the readout from the thermometer display

on the windshield.

Yes, the numbers are image-reversed, but I can still read them.

I went to the store and bought a digital thermometer.

Taped it to my dash.

It's kind of cool actually - because of the reflection, I can see the readout from the thermometer display

on the windshield.

Yes, the numbers are image-reversed, but I can still read them.

So if the image is reversed, it could be 18 degrees, and you would think it was 81 degrees and you wouldn't have the proper clothing and possibly freeze to death when you got out of your car!!!!! You should sue Ford...or call Ralph Nader...or Chuck Norris

So if the image is reversed, it could be 18 degrees, and you would think it was 81 degrees and you wouldn't have the proper clothing and possibly freeze to death when you got out of your car!!!!! You should sue Ford...or call Ralph Nader...or Chuck Norris

But you see....I already know the numbers are reversed so I won't make the 18/81 mistake.

I thought about suing Ford. I thought about the BBB. After my wife went down and set them straight, I did feel a bit better about it.

My car's thermometer is WAY off and this is an open forum as you stated and if I want to feel angry, then I don't see anything wrong with it!!!! It is America and it is the country of whistelblowers and I think if I feel something might be a scam or I am angry, I can say so WITHOUT apologies. I have not seen others claim to have this same problem as with mine, I think something is really wrong...but this seals the deal for me...I thought about signing OFF of this message board and going to the other one were people aren't so JUDGEMENTAL of other people's issues with their new car. What good is a message board if I have to tiptoe around about how I really feel?

But you see....I already know the numbers are reversed so I won't make the 18/81 mistake.

I thought about suing Ford. I thought about the BBB. After my wife went down and set them straight, I did feel a bit better about it.

My car's thermometer is WAY off and this is an open forum as you stated and if I want to feel angry, then I don't see anything wrong with it!!!! It is America and it is the country of whistelblowers and I think if I feel something might be a scam or I am angry, I can say so WITHOUT apologies. I have not seen others claim to have this same problem as with mine, I think something is really wrong...but this seals the deal for me...I thought about signing OFF of this message board and going to the other one were people aren't so JUDGEMENTAL of other people's issues with their new car. What good is a message board if I have to tiptoe around about how I really feel?

CORRECT....I'm Mad about this too and I don't even have a thermo-meter....BUT....I Know this is a global warming issue best addressed by Al Gore...A fellow Tennesseean...I think you can bring this up to President Obama on January 09 and get immediate satisfaction....Then too I may be a "cracker nut-case"...I heard that..this morning a breakfast....world problems are settled every Tuesday at the local IHOP..back booth..............Happy. :shift: ...........Sr.

• 4 weeks later...

So what your saying is that your wife had to protect you from big bad Ford??? Wow at least she has a set of nads .