Fully detailed the '13 Ruby Red Edge

We picked the car up a few weeks ago and it hasn't had any wax or sealant on it yet. That all changed last weekend. The full detailing time was about 7 hours. I applied to all paint, door jams, under the gas cap, wheel wells, glass, mirrors, wheels.

1. Washed with Dawn to strip off any detail spray or dealer-applied waxes. I used Adams Deep Cleaning wheel cleaner on the wheels and tires.

1a. Two-bucket wash, "wookies fist" wash mitt. A separate mitt for the wheels.

2. Clay bared the entire car, concentrating on the front nose, tail, fenders and wheelwells. This is my least favorite step

3. Used an electric blower to dry all the nooks and crannies

4. Absorber to dry the rest of the car

5. Adams white pad and polish on a Porter Cable 7475XP machine to get a few swirls I noticed in the hood, doors, and a light scratch on a fender

6. Washed again with Adams car shampoo

7. Used an electric blower to dry all the nooks and crannies

8. Absorber to dry the rest of the car

9. 1 coat Zaino ZFX-enabled Z5, wait 20 minutes, buff off

10. Zaino Z6 detail spray applied with a Gritos microfiber towel

11. 1 coat Zaino ZFX-enabled Z2, wait 30 minutes, buff off

12. Zaino Z6 detail spray

13. Pinnacle Souveran, applied to all paint, glass, mirrors, wheels. Buffed out

14. Zaino tire dressing

I'm sure it'll never look this good ever again. Here are the pics of my hard work.

DSC04100_zpsb5fc7a0b.jpg

DSC04098_zpsf3556dc3.jpg

DSC04097_zps40d37e9d.jpg

DSC04096_zpsbd25c5c6.jpg

DSC04095_zps13f622bd.jpg

DSC04094_zpsf47f0670.jpg

DSC04091_zps26e507aa.jpg

DSC04090_zpsd48a9800.jpg

DSC04088_zps6c16ec46.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Nice, thanks good price too. I'm been trying to figure out the best way to get all of the water out b/w the door jambs, i think this will work.

Really want the Metro Vacuum MB3CD AF but price is a little steep.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002SPCGC/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Edited by djgcue

I think that Homelite blower will work just fine. I have a Craftsman wet/dry vac that converts into a leaf blower. It puts out some serious air and does a great job around the spots where the water seems to hide -- tail lights, head lights, door handles, front grille, wheel lugs.

I use my Husqvarna backpack blower on the cars, works really well, but for door jams, trunk & hood openings, I do the old fashioned method, and wipe down with a microfiber rag, ya know the ones that area about 12 X 12. Also use it on the wheels to wipe down my nuts.

Edited by JOEHIO

• 11 months later...

I washed my edge today and buffed the whole thing with some armorall exterior shine stuff, put on some tire shine, cleaned the rims, armorall'd the entire interior, vacuumed everything spotless, rubbed it down with a clay bar, dried every book and cranny, and buffed the chrome. I didn't think there was possibly more I could do to it, but you've opened my eyes! Haha. And of course, I went to the gas station to fill her up after getting cleaned, and a wasp flew into the grille and exploded all over the place.

Your edge looks amazing, man! Looks like it's about to be featured in a showroom! Love that ruby red color, too!

• 5 weeks later...

Beautiful car and detail job. I'm in the same boat....just bought a brand new SEL with EVERYTHING on it, and it definitely needs some additional detailing over and above what the dealer did. Mine is the same Ruby Red, but has the 20" black/machined wheels on it that I think were part of the SEL Appearance Package. The black part of the wheels has some sort of factory "goo" (or some other substance) in some spots and this needs to be removed to get the wheels up to perfect appearance. The black part of the wheels is very shiny, and I'm concerned about what to use to clean the "goo" off and not do any damage to the painted finish on the wheels. Anybody got any suggestions on what cleaning product I should use to detail these wheels? Appreciate any tips in doing the job as well!! Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I noticed Fords paint job absolutely DESTROYS quite a few other manufacturers process. I'm not sure if it's more refined or if they wet sand and buff because there are some manufacturers now where you can see MAD orange peel. I'm talking around the whole freaking car.. even a brand new GTR which is a friggin $115,000 car looks like absolute crap.. yet these fords look really clean and smooth.. only one spot I have noticed is the lift gate area has some orange peel and has been noted a few time on these boards.. in any case that is one AMAZING detail job!!!