Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum - the largest Ford Edge forum discussion board on the web. You must register to create new topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .and more!
Click here to signup now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

An Amateur's Review of Meguiar's NXT 2.0

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Cougarpaw99

Cougarpaw99

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 26 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:32 AM

After what seemed like an endless winter in the northeast, I finally got a chance to "detail" my Tuxedo Black Edge. Before I started, I watched almost every video on Autogeek's Youtube channel, and I decided to buy some products that I never used before (Meguiar's clay, clay lubricant, NXT 2.0, and Poorboys Trim Restorer) to give my ride that extra "pop". To make a long story short, the car looked great after washing, drying, and claying the paint. Then, I applied the NXT expecting great things and to use the word "disappointed" would be quite an understatement. I think the Edge was glossier before I applied the 2.0.

I reviewed the product before I bought it and everything sounded great. After my results, I went on Amazon to look at their customer reviews and they were similar. So out of curiosity I started reading the "1-star" reviews and noticed a pattern. Almost all of them came from people using the NXT on black vehicles.

After finding this out, I recently purchased some Dodo Juice Hard Velvet and Purple Haze. I plan on reviewing these products as well so other Edge owners aren't as disappointed as I was. 

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Dingo

Dingo

Ford Edge Fanatic

• Edge Member
  • 2,039 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:00 PM

Try Einszett Glans Wax.

#3 OFFLINE   PrinzII

PrinzII

Ford Edge Addict

• 1,545 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • Edge's Year:2011

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:34 PM

You won't be disappointed with the Dodo Juice products.  I have used Pinnacle, Autoglym, and Klasse over the years.  None have failed me.

#4 OFFLINE   surfer68

surfer68

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 15 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:21 PM

I use www.surfcitygarage.com products - Inside & Out

#5 OFFLINE   Cdpratt69

Cdpratt69

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 332 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:01 AM

Surf City +1  :happy feet:   Although I am fully aware there is better stuff available, I like where the price point and quality meet in the surf city products.  We are talking about hand-blended wax here for instance that costs under $25 or less.  Plus, it smells good enuf to eat.  Btw, I tried a bit and I really don't recommend any of it for your digestive tract.   :doh:

• surfer68 and fit1446 like this

#6 OFFLINE   Drive XR7

Drive XR7

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 46 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Edge's Year:Decline

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:17 PM

Pinnacle Soveragn. It's a little expensive, but wow it's awesome on reds, blacks, and blues.

#7 OFFLINE   Ron Faldik

Ron Faldik

New Edge Member

• Facebook Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:21 AM

Anyone tried Rejex?

I used it ONLY on the front and rear of my Corvette and bug hits with sticking bugs was a thing of the past

#8 OFFLINE   fishx65

fishx65

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Edge Member
  • 627 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:27 PM

Zaino Z2 and Duragloss 105 are both awesome products at the same price point as NXT.   NXT looks fine but only lasts a few weeks.  I prefer Zaino because of how easy it goes on and off plus it lasts a few months longer then 105.  My old bottle of NXT does ATV duty.

#9 OFFLINE   ghost0217

ghost0217

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Edge's Year:2013

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:31 PM

I'm shocked you didn't like NXT 2.0.  I've used it on my truck in the past and other than the saran wrap look, I thought it was plenty glossy.  I've noticed that it isn't like a carnuba wax as far as the type of shine, but still looks nice.  I also thought durability was so so for a synthetic. 

I always like Megs #16.  I've heard good things about Pinnacle and Poor Boy's Natties line. 

#10 OFFLINE   jaymz

jaymz

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 9 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Edge's Year:2013

Posted 04 March 2016 - 11:24 AM

It's all in the prep. Did you wash the car after claybarring? If not, that's gonna be a problem. Did you compound and polish before the NXT? If not, that could be a problem. Paint looks cloudy if not prepped correctly. Lose the NXT and use Blackfire Wet Diamond.

Jim

Edited by jaymz, 04 March 2016 - 11:24 AM.

#11 OFFLINE   bill valley

bill valley

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 20 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Edge's Year:2015

Posted 08 April 2016 - 03:47 PM

I tried the NXT 2.0 and was not impressed...it was not bad, but not as good as my usual.  I will stick with the Klasse twins.  My 2 previous rides were both black including a jet black X5.  To get that one to look right it took clay bar, Menzerna compound, and then Klasse AIO.

Klasse is sooo easy and does not stain trim.  Not to mention it lasts for 6 months.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users