2011 Edge Limited stalling problem

2011 Ford Edge Limited stalled twice while my wife was driving approximately 30 MPH. The car is just out of warranty so we took it to our mechanic. He said he thinks it's a dirty mass airflow sensor. We had him clean the sensor and will see. I have my doubts that that caused the car to stall twice within one week. It seems like this could be a deadly problem and I wish Ford would address with a TSB or recall. If it stalls again it will be sold.. I can't have my wife and kids risk their lives driving a car that will stall at any time in traffic. Is this a widespread systemic problem with the Edge? Something Ford should or has already addressed?

• 1 month later...

Our 07 Ford Edge is my wife's daily driver. It has been stalling on her lately too. Last night, I took the throttle body off, cleaned it, and reinstalled it. It was pretty dirty. I also replaced her air filter which was NASTY!!! No problems with the car today and running fine - So I hope that was the problem and not something else. I wish I cleaned the MAF sensor too.. I'll have to do that tonight when I pick up some cleaner.

Edited by syfy1415

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...