Throttle Body Service or Failure

Maavalous1

Brake booster failure once repaired is good. Throttle body replacement takes about 5 minutes and a 8 mm socket. The sync APIM does have a recall on it for free replacement not exactly sure if your model year is covered or not. Worth a shot to check under the CSP with Ford. Last thing is the shift to park a bit more of a pain but once repair most have had no further complaints.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

25 March 2017, 2016 Edge Titanium 3.5L. Build date 02/04/16. Approx 7800 miles, no previous problems.

Driving in town, car went into 'limp mode', had 'wrench' on and seatbelt light on. No response to accelerator. Pulled into first side street. Rough idle, I shut down and restarted. Now normal operation, drove home, no problem. I have used only Exxon and Shell fuel. Throttle Body?

Yes it's throttle body. I was driving back home to Cincy from Cleveland yesterday. Cruise control a 79, suddenly a wrench and limp mode. Managed to get it to the shoulder, shut it down for a few, restarted and made it home with no issues. Went to the dealer this morning, in and out in about an hour. almost 17,000 miles. As soon as I told him the symptoms, the service guy just started nodding his head and said "probably throttle body".

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I have a 2013 Edge that just had this Throttle Body issue happen to me. Going to replace the TB myself using the video above. The part is now $97 from Ford Parts but can be had for $56 elsewhere. Is there anything to be aware of since the video is for a 2011 and I have a 2013 or am I good to go?

• 2 months later...