Hi everyone, I just bought a 2011 ford edge sel. Everything seems to be working great and I love my new car. The only problem I've encountered is when I tried to plug my iphone 4s into the usb port using the cord that came with the phone. When I plug it in the phone makes that noise it always makes when you plug it in to charge but it doesn't actually charge. It just keeps making that noise every few seconds and when I choose usb on the touchscreen menu it says no device detected. I know the port is working because I downloaded the lastest update onto a flash drive and installed it in the edge with no problem. I know the cord works because I use it to charge my phone in the house. So I was hoping someone here could give me a little advice on what the problem may be. Thanks so much!!

I have had issues with cords on my iPods that I have in the car. I knew the cable worked on my computer but it was kinda old. After I changed it out, everything worked perfectly. In the tech world I was taught that 70% of your problems come from the 3 C's, Cables, Cords, and Connections. I would start by trying a different/new cable. If that doesn't work then you will have to look into other options.

• Like 1