Dunno why I didn't install LEDS long ago

So I have been rapidly upgrading the interior of my 2 cars lighting. I'm only 50% done in my Edge as I have only the two front lights and then the ones you manually turn on and off in the back seat. The cargo area is done and so is the rear light that comes one when you open the doors. It's crazy bright now. my back windows are tinted at 10% and I could barely see in them with the stock lighting but this lights up the whole car. I'm not even done yet!

Front View
980275_10200758884867874_1274322692_o.jp

Inside

738327_10200758890868024_89447453_o.jpg

Through the 10%

1008919_10200758987830448_2088101789_o.j

Through the 10% in the Rear, I like this one cause it shows the stock bulbs in the front and you can see the color distance

1040649_10200758987790447_1227358563_o.j

If anybody wants to know what LEDS I used just send me a PM

Edited by Nick Halstead
  • Like 1

Nice. Upgrading the lights was probably the first think I did to my Edge. Simple, cheap, and makes a huge difference.

These are the LEDs that I am using. They are much brighter than the 9-SMD LEDs I used before:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006R34PB4/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Post a link to the ones you are using.

• Like 1

So the "trunk" light and the rear passenger area take this style bulb? I'm almost afraid that these will be too bright in the passenger area with the kid in the car lol. 9W blasting down on her car seat would blind the poor thing. Does this vendor have an option for one bulb? I would like to get one just for the trunk area.

So the "trunk" light and the rear passenger area take this style bulb? I'm almost afraid that these will be too bright in the passenger area with the kid in the car lol. 9W blasting down on her car seat would blind the poor thing. Does this vendor have an option for one bulb? I would like to get one just for the trunk area.

I've got the DTBL modded dome, it puts out a significant amount of light. My kids don't even flinch when the lights come on (in fact, my 4 year old looks forward to it).

I'm really considering the 9W upgrades now. Damn, I've bought more LED bulbs than I know what to do with now.

I wont be back near my car for a few more days (it's collecting dust at the airport). But, Dan has some great photos on his site.

http://www.daytimebrightlites.com/LED_Dome_Lights.html

He basically modded the interior of the dome light so that it accepts his LED array panel (I don't recall how big it was, maybe 1.5" x 1.5") and he fits side festoon bulbs as well.

Puts out nice, evenly distributed light, right around the 5K temp.

I wouldn't call it 7k, looks white to me. without any blue hue. I'll look again tonight.

I was thinking about that one but I had already bought the other style from a different website, then upon my searching found the ones I bought $5. cheaper on ebay so, in trying to keep all the lights the same I didn't buy these.

I wont be back near my car for a few more days (it's collecting dust at the airport). But, Dan has some great photos on his site.

http://www.daytimebrightlites.com/LED_Dome_Lights.html

He basically modded the interior of the dome light so that it accepts his LED array panel (I don't recall how big it was, maybe 1.5" x 1.5") and he fits side festoon bulbs as well.

Puts out nice, evenly distributed light, right around the 5K temp.

kinda like the Putco set up? http://www.putco.com/products.cfm?action=ProductView&id=9ac2d6b7-08ff-e25f-2db7-46b0cfa0a689

I have tested a few of these COB (chip on board) LED's and was not very impressed. Light distribution was nice and uniform, but light output matched similarly sized arrays using lower cost standard 5050 smd LEDs.

I've got the DTBL modded dome, it puts out a significant amount of light. My kids don't even flinch when the lights come on (in fact, my 4 year old looks forward to it).

I'm really considering the 9W upgrades now. Damn, I've bought more LED bulbs than I know what to do with now.

Imagine how I feel when I see a cool new LED product come out. I'm like, "OK, what can I design with that." I start working on a light concept prototype and then I see something even cooler and scrap the first and start another. Ugh! Have to up my ADD meds when this starts happening.