Rattle like noise

ug.mac

My Edge is about 12000 KM now, but I've found some rattle like noise around front roof/B pillar (aka central pillar) area at both sides (driver side is little worse) when I brake/turn or over speed bumps. I can't tell the exactly where the noise coming from and it's not like metal to metal kind rattle. Very annoying, very Korean-made-alike...... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Anyone else has same problem?

ug.

Oops,, can admin please move this thread to 'Interior' please. :-P

Edited by ug.mac

My Edge is about 12000 KM now, but I've found some rattle like noise around front roof/B pillar (aka central pillar) area at both sides (driver side is little worse) when I brake/turn or over speed bumps. I can't tell the exactly where the noise coming from and it's not like metal to metal kind rattle. Very annoying, very Korean-made-alike...... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Anyone else has same problem?

ug.

Oops,, can admin please move this thread to 'Interior' please. :-P

Some have reported a similar rattle that was hard to identify. In my case, solved it when we noticed the rear seatbelt clasp were rattling off the sides. Turned them around and no more noise. Go figure. We were sure it was the BAMR or roof related.

Nice to know I'm not alone. :doh: I've check the rear seatbelts but turned them around or locked into buckle didn't make any difference. :sos: My car was totally silent until it reached 8000KM. BAMR did made the noise sometime due to the loosed black plastic frame of rear moonroof, I fixed that by CA glued them.

I'll check the screw of B pillar cover see if they were loosed.

ug.

So after 2 hours in the garage, noise is still there (somewhere). I lubed the all the seals around the windows, tight up the screws, nothing seems helps. Too bad I don't have someone can help to identify the source of noise, but at least I know the noise is NOT coming from the BAMR in my case. :do what:

ug.

Edited by ug.mac

You are mis-informed, grasshopper. Three of my cars have Michelins, that were purchased at Costco, which uses nitrogen in the tires. The ride is not harder. The nitrogen keeps the tire at a cooler temperature, as well as inhibits dry rot. That is about the extent of the nitro's contribution.

You can't stop watching that little video clip, can you??

Yeah.

That is the only reason I replied...so you reply.

Busted.

Maybe your fan belt needs a new buckle.

Do you still have summer air in your tires?

Is the muffler coming unraveled?

Your turn signal fluid could be hardening.

Muffler is secure, tire air pressure were adjusted by dealer at service. What is turn signal fluid? Never heard of it. :headscratch:

ug.

Muffler is secure, tire air pressure were adjusted by dealer at service. What is turn signal fluid? Never heard of it. :headscratch:

ug.

OK....I will give this a try.

A vehicle with a total power fluid system includes a pair of drive wheels, variable displacement, fluid motors driven by an engine driven, variable displacement, fluid pump. The motor displacements are controlled by operator speed input and speed sensing controls, and the pump displacement is controlled by a pressure sensing pressure control. A vehicle steering control includes an operator steering input control connected to a steerable wheel control for actuating a valve for holding, turning, or castering fluidly steerable wheels which are capable of turning the vehicle. The signal that illuminates upon the turning of the vehicle is controlled by another fluid system that is activated by the electrical impulse when the turn signal level is engaged. The operator steering input control is further connected to the operator speed input controls to slow the turn-side drive wheel motor during either a steerable wheel controlled or an emergency, drive wheel controlled turn. During either an electrical failure, the turn signal fluid hardening from a number of conditions, or a hydraulic failure sensed by the inability of the steerable wheels to follow the operator steering input control, the valve will be actuated to caster the steerable wheels. This failure, from any of those reasons, will result in noises coming from the corresponding location within the vehicle. The operator steering input control further includes provisions for greater steering sensitivity near the centered steerable wheel position and for limiting the degree of steerable wheel turn with increasing vehicle speed.

Edited by Good_Hands

Lol, nice try :hysterical:

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4077490.html

Title:

Total power fluid system vehicle with steering control

Document Type and Number:

United States Patent 4077490

A vehicle with a total power fluid system includes a pair of drive wheels, variable displacement, fluid motors driven by an engine driven, variable displacement, fluid pump. The motor displacements are controlled by operator speed input and speed sensing controls, and the pump displacement is controlled by a pressure sensing pressure control. A vehicle steering control includes an operator steering input control connected to a steerable wheel control for actuating a valve for holding, turning, or castering fluidly steerable wheels which are capable of turning the vehicle. The operator steering input control is further connected to the operator speed input controls to slow the turn-side drive wheel motor during either a steerable wheel controlled or an emergency, drive wheel controlled turn. During either an electrical failure or a hydraulic failure sensed by the inability of the steerable wheels to follow the operator steering input control, the valve will be actuated to caster the steerable wheels. The operator steering input control further includes provisions for greater steering sensitivity near the centered steerable wheel position and for limiting the degree of steerable wheel turn with increasing vehicle speed.

I think turn signal fluid is a joke, otherwise post a link from Wikipedia. And now, :backtotopic: :backtotopic:

ug.

• 1 month later...
Just want to report back, the noise JUST GONE!!! I silicone sprayed the all door strikes fixed the problem. I'll apply some white silicone grease tomorrow. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

hey man i wanted to say i have the same problem.i find it also does it when i take off from a stop too.im going to try what you did and see what happens.my noise sounds like a creeking noise.any other help is appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife kept complaining about a metal rattle too. I searched high and low. I was about to take it to the dealer when I noticed that the rear liscense plate didn't have any rubber bumpers on the bottom of the plate. So when you would hit a bump you would get the rattle. 30 cents later it's fixed with some cheapy stick on rubber bumpers. We'll see how long they last.