Steering wheel control buttons back light not working

The steering wheel control buttons are not lighting up on my 2012 Edge SEL EcoBoost. i checked the manual and pulled fuse #23 but that fuse looked fine. Should I be looking at a different fuse or something else? I also checking the instrument dimming to make sure it was all the way up. All of the steering wheel buttons are functioning fine, they just aren't backlit anymore. Any suggestions?

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Try replacing fuse #12 with a known (new) good fuse. (Fuse 12 controls back lighting, some interior lighting & pudfle lamps).

If this doesn't fix it, there appear to be two other possibles, one is the SJB failure and the second is the common junction where the power splits off to each of the various lights. (The common point is under the instrument cluster, exactly where you will need to trace it out).

To isolate if it's the SJB you could cut the circuit wire coming off the SJB and slice it into a circuit of known good power. If the lights start working, the SJB is at fault. If not, it's the wiring from the SJB to the (and including) the common junction point.

Try replacing the fuse as a start. (Just looking at it may not show a hairline crack in the fuseable link).

• 2 months later...