2010 edge 6 disc radio to dvD navigation system

chade_452

Hi Guys! I am new here, and i need you help, i just bought a 2010 edge limited and it doesnt come with a navigation system, attached is a picture of what is my edge have right now, if i buy a navigation system, how hard would it be to install? and will everything works? thanks.

post-27814-0-98704000-1379161024_thumb.jpg

Edited by chade_452

• 2 years later...

My 09 mkx was originally equipped with this setup from the factory. The original purchasers wanted navigation and the dealer swapped in a nav unit (drops the CD/DVD player to a single disk version). Don't see why you just couldn't pick up a nav unit off Ebay and swap it. Does your vehicle have OEM GPS?

If it were me, I would stop by the local dealer's parts dept and ask then what would be needed. (Probably have to get the service dept involved in programming anyway.)

The "Limited" has SYNC so yes, I have GPS. The "Limited" has a Premium 9 speaker system. That should be all I need to get started with an OEM NAV unit.

I found a couple of web sites that sell OEM NAV unit kits, new or refurbished - 4Dtech and OEMautopartsco

Seems legit but they are asking almost $2K! :spend:

Edited by Tribby2001