Plasti-dipped rims, blacked out emblems, removed logos...

fredro

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I like your truck a lot. Is it lowered, or do your wheels just fill it out? One thing that may be a different, but nice touch, is plasti-dipping the spoiler to make it blend in with the roof. I've been thinking of doing it to mine, but I love that there's that little chrome around the emblem. I'm so happy I left it on mine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

How does the PD on the wheels hold up to car washes, etc.? I was considering trying to do the center of the spokes and leaving the raised lips as silver accents. Would this be a bad idea because it would be leaving an exposed edge of the PD that could start pulling it up?

its been almost a year since pd'ing the rims. including car washes, hand washes, rain storms, and typical horrible nyc winters (tons of snow storms/road salting), it still looks pretty good. i had to touch up the edges here and there, but its so easy to do and cheap as well. as long as you properly clean intended surface well before applying initial coat, they should last quite a bit. check cellbine's vid on how to properly do it. he's got it covered! (pun intended) ;)