Question about Sync after 3 year free subscription runs out

RJG

If one doesn't renew the service, I know the hands free phone system and 911 will still work, but what about down loads from syncmyride.com and vehicle health reports that the web site send to my insurance company? Is all I lose Sync services? Turn by turn which I sure don't need with NAV, favorites, stuff like that?

That's my understanding. You will not have the services available such as business search, turn by turn, etc. I believe the annual cost is $60.00 per year after the 3 years are up.

I recall reading somewhere (here or on a F150 forum) that there is a number similar to the one used for services you can call and there is no charge. Still having over 1 1/2 years of the free services, I didn't jot it down or bookmark it. I'll have to find it and see what the difference really is.

YES ...the phone-in "Services" is what goes away. The 888-240-4529 or the 800-304-6099. and yes "send to sync" for nav is a part of that.

$60 -Ford & INSANE $199 for Lincoln owners- with no other options.

Yes 888-247-2425 is commercial free & has the IDENTICAL reports, reporters, & most if not all of the Services for news, sports, weather, etc & does movies, horoscopes, business search, etc.. You can set up favorites...( I guess it is tied to caller id) since & just said fav & it asked would you like this as a fav & I replied yes...

Wish FORD would listen to customers & not charge $199. A simple Google search is much better than their operator assist. Shame the phone contact addresses do not go into nav- even though the feature is in MFT. It is due to many phones having a country code & Ford after 3 years not fixing the fields. I guess they hope they get the $199 from some suckers...

• Like 1

That's fantastic drpepper! I just tried that number from my home phone and had multiple choices including business search, weather, traffic, sports, etc. I used my home phone because I read that the services are tied into your cell phone which maintains the account in the car.

No trouble with getting info using just the home phone, and they even went to the weather for my city and state without me inputting anything. It must be caller ID which allowed that.

Since the home phone is probable tied to my Sync account somewhere, I also had my wife try the number with her cell phone. That phone is not linked to Ford or Sync in any way. It worked just fine, and we did a business search with no problem. It even offered turn by turn directions, but I didn't pursue it past that.

Looks like the only services you might lose after the first 3 years and no renewal will be the health report?

"send to sync" for nav is a key part that is lost... Turn by turn is in services & in the other free number so that stays same BUT The download address into nav & then let nav calc & have map display & turns & recalc etc is what is missed.

The Vehicle health report & have found over the past 3 years has done nothing for me & been just a "drive you to ford website" ploy & then see the coupons or non coupons ( just adds) for dealer services.

Edited by drpepper
  • Like 1

My only concern is losing the Vehicle health Report. Major auto insurance companies are giving discounts (or increases) based on how you drive the car....miles and how you accelerate and stop, etc. Your driving habits. They do that from the VHR you send to Sync. They see a different report than you one you read on Sync. I use State Farm, and the discounts are greater than a $60 yearly Sync cost. But would rather not even pay that. Just wonder if this is part of Sync services.

Major auto insurance companies are giving discounts (or increases) based on how you drive the car....miles and how you accelerate and stop, etc. Your driving habits. They do that from the VHR you send to Sync. They see a different report than you one you read on Sync. I use State Farm, and the discounts are greater than a $60 yearly Sync cost. But would rather not even pay that. Just wonder if this is part of Sync services.

I'd be curious to hear more. A different report then one we see? To me the one we see is almost meaningless. What have you sent & how?

I know one of my "lowering my rate" items has been based on miles driven & have be able to provide an oil change or tire rotation invoice-even if $0 just to provide a 3rd party document to show avg. miles based on the time difference listed on invoices.

I signed up for a "drive safe" program with State Farm for our vehicles....wife's 2012 Limited Edge with NAV and daughters 2012 Honda CRV EX-L with NAV. They monitor miles driven and some of our driving habits from the vehicle health report. I've been told the VHR shows some things to them we don't see on SMR. I have to do a VHR at least once each month to continue with the program.

On the Honda, since it doesn't have SMR or anything similar, they sent a reporting device that plugs into the USB port in arm rest that does the reporting. We don't drive these vehicles the national average miles driven and are safe careful drivers, so we get some decent discounts on the car insurance.

Chrysler and GM vehicles are in same program with their system. Don't know about BMW and MB.

This is reason I asked if we would still have a VHR without the Synch services. I would assume we would still be connected to syncmyride.com.

Edited by RJG

• 4 weeks later...

As a heads up to all those who are near the end of the 3 years included with MFT/MLT & do not want to pay the ridicules $199 fee for 1 more year as a Lincoln customer...

The FREE alternative to the PAID "Sync Services" has changed its number to 408-752-8052
If you call the 800 number ( 888-247-2425) there is a recoding mentioning the change. Again- Let the Ford messengers take that back to the Bosses. $199 for me as a Lincoln owner to PAY for "sync Services" which is the same "ripped off" content that is available for FREE !!! HOW DARE THEY!!!

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I know this is an old thread, but my sync expired after a year. I have checked out this alt. number, my question is can you have info sent to car so you don't have to leave data on? or able to save to phone for off line use like on Google maps.. thanks!

Yes you can use & be sent a txt with the wanted details... no data for a regular sms text. & yes it is fully voice control & can store favorites & is FREE

I am in no way connected to the services I just like using this free option & was majorily Pissed at how Ford ripped off & used the free version incorporated into their paid version- word for word & reporter for reporter...and then a $199 charge JUST because I was lincoln owner vs Ford...Ford gave you no other lower $ option & just took advantage of an owner....I got Ford to PAY ( loved that dealer check) for 2 additional years past the included 3 years that they used to provide before shrinking to 1 year....then I had to say why bother- just use the free version.

• 2 weeks later...