Interior door handle trim?

In my 2012 Sport I have interior door handle trim (?) if that's what you call it. Need to replace one on rear passenger side to match the factory color because the current one is scratched up pretty bad. The only pic I found online is for a front door (below), but just to give you an idea of what I'm talking about. Where do I get one of these in the silver color I need and what are they called? Has anyone replaced this themselves and how do you do it?

post-28132-0-25058300-1382020157_thumb.jpg

Is that a trick question?

No, a trick question would have been something along the lines of "can only those with a helpful answer reply to this?"

Did I need to clarify that i would rather not get ripped off by the dealer but find one online? Did i also need to spell out that i have not found one online anywhere? Every time i search i only come up with external door handle covers.

Closest thing I have found at www.fordparts.com is indeed called the Interior Door Handle Trim, there is LH and RH, but no front/rear.

http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/CatalogResults.aspx?y=2012&m=Ford&mo=Edge&initSearch=1&keyword=interior%20door%20handle%20trim#Search

If you can take a pic of the actual problem piece and post it, that would be helpful. Is it a smooth plastic piece, or textured non-plastic piece etc? You may be able to restore with a plastic polish like PlastX if not too bad, is why I am asking.

Thanks! Unless they are using the generic diagram for all door parts, it looks like that's front doors only and not quite the right piece. That one seems to be further up the door handle rather than on the armrest part. Maybe there is no way to get around the dealer on this... The piece is smooth plastic and some of the damage almost looks like it went all the way through to the handle underneath. Polish would not cover that up, I'm pretty sure.

Did I need to clarify that i would rather not get ripped off by the dealer but find one online?

Yes, that would have been helpful.

Did i also need to spell out that i have not found one online anywhere? Every time i search i only come up with external door handle covers.

Yes, that would also have been helpful. Even if you find it online, it's still coming from a dealer or Ford (Fordparts.com).

If you can't find the part number online, you'll need to go to the dealer to get the part number and price, then shop around using the part number.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm in the same boat and it doesn't make sense to spend USD 55 on an interior door handle which is basically plastic coated with chrome!

I'm thinking of trying a carbon fibre wrap or a DIY chrome wrap. Has anyone tried any of these yet?

Here's what mine looks like currently, and the rear left passenger's handle is bubbling.

Passenger_inner_door_handle_zpsbfcc685a.

• 1 year later...