Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum - the largest Ford Edge forum discussion board on the web. You must register to create new topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .and more!
Click here to signup now

Guest Message by DevFuse

The official Ford authorized Ford Edge Registry is now live. More here!

Photo
- - - - -

Buying an extended warranty? worth it?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   mmjunkie

mmjunkie

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Edge's Year:2013

Posted 08 August 2017 - 10:12 AM

I purchased my 2013 Edge in June 2014 and purchased  the ESP.  On 5-2017, the power brake booster went out.  Replaced the booster and master cylinder under warranty, less the $100 deductible.  On 08-2017, the booster failed again.  Returned to the same dealer.  This time they replaced the booster and master cylinder, but still had the spongy pedal.  They contacted Ford engineering for advice.  They were advised to replace the hydraulic control unit, which they did.  Had to pay the $100 deductible for this visit, which I don't think is fair, because it is what I paid them for the last time, and now, I have the same failure (spongy pedal which goes all the way to the floor).  I certainly don't want to pay them another $100 to fix something that I have already paid them to do.  Is it a reasonable and customary practice to have to pay the deductible no matter what?  It would appear they get paid if they fix the problem or not, which doesn't give much incentive to fix it.                                                                                                                                               

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

Ford Edge Legal Resident

• 9,847 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 10:20 AM

It depends on whether it's considered a separate repair or a continuation of the previous unsuccessful repair attempt.   When it happens very quickly (within a few days) it's pretty straightforward but when the repairs are a few weeks or months apart it becomes a grey area.

Check your warranty documentation for options - you should at least complain to Ford.

• WWWPerfA_ZN0W and Popadopolis like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users