What have you done to/with your Edge/MKX today?

Looks good in there, Cellbine :thumbsup:

i guess everyone's shopping for winter setups now, Doug. Maybe find some cheap OEM rims from other Ford model lines?

I've got an email into a guy on CL that says he has a set from an Edge. They are aftermarket but didn't say 17", 18" etc. Supposedly were his winter tires/wheels. I need to sell mine yet from my Buick.I know I won't cover the whole cost but hopefully I can offset it. I never know what to ask for stuff like that. I know you won't get out of it what you paid for it, but I don't want to give it away.

• Like 1

Well mines at shop for 2 time in 4 months getting leak fixed between engine/transmission

Bummer. I read some time ago in the Explorer forum of a felow having the same thing. Answer was if the fluid was red it was atf if brown it was oil. (Rear seal leaking). They felt it was impossible to determine without separating the engine from the transmission.

Hope they are able to find it. You get a loaner?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well coolant was majorly low I noticed today on a maintenance check for the trip down to San Diego. Lasted 25k without needing filling so not bad, also been carrying lots of wood lately (can confirm it will hold a 4x8 above you but you better duck down) and had some windshield damage filled (semi threw a rock going the other way what are the odds) and have yet to paint the gouge in the hood :(. I think the windshield would have been a loss if it did not hit the hood first. At least the Hood Protector is pitted and not my hood front so something went good this month.

mC7tMAcl.jpg

0twnZ2ml.jpg

98a0EU6l.jpg

• Like 1

Does the rear defrost turn on? The mirror heaters are tied to the rear defrost.

What might be the issue is that the mirror heaters don't get power with remote start.

The defrost does turn on. I was just wondering if I could set something so the mirrors defrost with remote start?

• Like 1

Shouldn't everything that you had turned on before you shut the ignition off come back on when you start the car. IE: turn the heated mirrors on before you shut down and they come on at next start up. Maybe I am missing something but I thought that's how remote start works. I've never really checked if the side mirror heaters come on. This is Texas, don't really need them.

• Like 1

That's a lotta hurt to take! How low WAS the coolant? Keep an eye on it, it should drop pretty slowly over time after the refill.

Well coolant was majorly low I noticed today on a maintenance check for the trip down to San Diego. Lasted 25k without needing filling so not bad, also been carrying lots of wood lately (can confirm it will hold a 4x8 above you but you better duck down) and had some windshield damage filled (semi threw a rock going the other way what are the odds) and have yet to paint the gouge in the hood :(. I think the windshield would have been a loss if it did not hit the hood first. At least the Hood Protector is pitted and not my hood front so something went good this month.

Shouldn't everything that you had turned on before you shut the ignition off come back on when you start the car. IE: turn the heated mirrors on before you shut down and they come on at next start up. Maybe I am missing something but I thought that's how remote start works. I've never really checked if the side mirror heaters come on. This is Texas, don't really need them.

Rear defrost (with the heated mirrors) & heated/cooled seats always default to off after turning off the ignition.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

What is the recommended oil change interval on an Edge Sport? (2.7 Ecoboost) I called the dealer and was told "It will tell you when its time for an oil change" But I would also like to keep an eye on that myself...Im guessing 5,000 miles/6 months but if anyone can fill me in on the factory spec I would appreciate it.