What have you done to/with your Edge/MKX today?

On the automatic climate system it will run the compressor in winter even in full heat mode as long as the temps are above freezing so that helps a lot - unless you're in the great frozen north.

Thought it only ran in heat mode was when you selected winshield defrost mode.

Spoke too soon. You were right. It does run automatically in the auto position. Never really checked into this before. Also in defrost and floor/defrost modes.

Edited by enigma-2
  • Like 1

Took at trip from Ohio to Hilton Head Island, SC & the Edge was awesome. Rode nice, plenty of power in the mountains of West Virginia & fairly decent fuel economy,2.0 Ecoboost FWD. I might drain the catch can later to see if it caught anything during the 1,500ish mile trip. Computer said 33 mpg in West Virginia, but i dropped to 29.1 once we got into ohio & it started raining & dropped my tire pressures about 3psi & temps about 15-20 degrees.

post-41964-0-55955500-1525630801_thumb.jpg

post-41964-0-44077300-1525630829_thumb.jpg

post-41964-0-52861900-1525630843_thumb.jpg

post-41964-0-91579500-1525630861_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Nothing sexy like a turbo-tune or a plastic-wrapped grill, but got a new Jasper's tranny today (remanufactured).

$3,400k for the slushbox and another Grand for R&R. Out the door for $5k.

Have 3 year/100k warranty with the bump that covers all labor if something goes wrong in the meantime.

159k on the clock, but if I can break 200 before anything goes wrong, I think it will be worth it.

Still in learning mode, so I'll report back in 500 miles or so.

• Like 1

Hoping for the best :) Did the TCM strategy have to be updated in the PCM as well?

The first tranny developed a crack in the bell housing during shipping, so it was replaced. In the time it took to get the next one out, there were 12 updates to the software. It is supposed to update all the powertrain software. Haven't seen too many positive reviews of Jasper's, but the internet is a cold and unforgiving place.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered it all...intercooler with cold side pipe, RMM, JLT oil separator, rear stabilizer bar and moog links. I already have the LMS tuner with their thermostat and a aFe dry filter. Was extremely eager to install all the new goodies until my ride home from work...adaptive steering fault has come on and can feel clicking when turning the wheel. So to the dealer she goes again

• Like 2

Yesterday I had the transmission, RDU, and PTU fluids all changed out for Redline products. In particular I had the Lightweight Shockproof stuff put in mentioned by mact. Wow - what a difference. So much smoother. I've had the ptu fluid changed once already, but I can remember after having that changed out I could hear the gears spinning up for the first few miles after. Nothing like that this time - just silence and smooth operation. Very, very happy with the results.

Redline products are legit.

• Like 1

I took in my Edge to get a fuel injection service at my dealerships Quicklane center this morning and as I am there they have trouble putting on the injection apparatus and determine that they do not have the proper adapter for my Ecoboost Edge. The Quicklane manger let me know that they have to order the part and when it gets in they will call me in and perform the service. The real kicker and I say good thing is that for the inconvenience they ware going to perform the service for free which normally costs $89.99 and they put in a can if BG 44k fuel system cleaner in for the time being again at no cost. If this was during the school year I would have been a bit peeved, but since I am on summer break and have a slightly more open schedule I am not even worried about it.

• Like 1

Oil change/filter change with Mobil-1 5w20 Hi Mileage and Mobil-1 filter. My interval is 5k and I just hit 90k. Need to start thinking about plugs. Also cleaned cabin air filter and engine air filter - both are AEM cleanable filters. Did a complete cabin vacuum and tomorrow will get it washed/waxed. Next will be to schedule with my local shop for a suck/fill on the PTU with Redline 58404. That stuff is hard to find retail so I'll probably have to order it. If anyone knows a national retailer (O'reilly's, Autozone, Advanced... etc) that carries it I'd be interested in that info.

That is all. Carry on and mill about smartly.

• Like 1