What have you done to/with your Edge/MKX today?

Dropped it off at the body shop this morning, got rear ended, very minor crack in the rear bumper plastic. Other driver was found at fault. New rear bumper is being installed and I guess it’s kind of nice to have some unfaded black plastic on there!

I’m 21 now so I got a rental 17 escape with the ecoboost 2.0. Lots of low end torque I like, but I still prefer the harder pull of my 3.5. Ecoboost sounds boring too as far as the exhaust sound is. I miss my car.

Dropped it off at the body shop this morning, got rear ended, very minor crack in the rear bumper plastic. Other driver was found at fault. New rear bumper is being installed and I guess it’s kind of nice to have some unfaded black plastic on there!

I’m 21 now so I got a rental 17 escape with the ecoboost 2.0. Lots of low end torque I like, but I still prefer the harder pull of my 3.5. Ecoboost sounds boring too as far as the exhaust sound is. I miss my car.

Not sure that you have a 3.5 Ecoboost in that car. Is it an Edge? It is probably the naturally aspirated 3.5 V6. Sorry you were the bowling pin and got hit.

• Like 1

Oil and filter change with Mobil 1 Extended 5W-20 and a FL500S. Also took the time to drain and fill with 5q of fresh Mercon LV. Cabin filter (if you wanna call this flimsy paper a filter) as well.

Turning over 60k miles this week.

I was wondering how much coolant was required. Did you just drain the radiator and refill?

I just put new pads on my front brakes, had the system flushed and then refilled with fresh brake fluid. And they feel great!

PAD TYPE: H2

COMPOUND: CERAMIC
DRIVE TYPE: STREET/LIGHT TRACK
DISC TEMPERATURE RANGE: 0-500 C/0-932 F
AVERAGE COEFFICIENT OF FRICTION: .25-.5

H2 high-ceramic pad offers a solid brake fade resistance to increase driver’s controllability. Whether weekend light track, drifting, or daily driving, Rotora®’s ceramic formulated H2 pads accommodate all driving styles, track lengths and environmental conditions. The ideal pad for all-around performance, daily street, and light track ready.

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1

Did some exterior work. Waxed with the Chemical Guys Butter wet wax and sealed with a spray detailer.

Got her back from the body shop with a brand new rear bumper, but Im a little pissed off that while blending the paint, it seems they used less metallic than factory. I may get a repray .

• Like 2

Put on a ford accessory hitch and wiring

The lower sensor cable for the foot operated liftgate had to be moved behind the receiver and it does work with the hitch but not as easily as it did prior to installation.

The wiring was no fun at all getting through the firewall bulkhead was not easy at all.

Overall took about 4 hours of mostly patience and my arthritis not liking the finger configurations needed in some instances.

This is an easy job for someone that has moderate mechanical skills...slow and easy pace to get the best job.

• Like 2

I know it's been a while but.....

- Getting the chrome piece on the grille between the headlights replaced because it came off during a car wash

- Checking to see why I am getting PS noise when starting up

- Getting oil changed

- Looking at replacing battery (I hate that O'Reilly's stopped the 5 year warranty for one of their batteries)

• Like 1

I cut the sidewall on my driveway curb today. A momentary loss of concentration cost me $384 for a new Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 265/40R21 tire.

I have been using that same driveway for over 15 years and never missed it as bad as I did today. I was moving super slow and that saved the rim. Lucky for me the other tires have only a couple thousand on them so the new one should match well enough. This time I got a two year road hazard warranty with free overnight shipping from TireRack .

Side note * I am planing to hit the track next Wednesday the 29th to see what she will do baring any other mishaps.

post-46130-0-63748400-1535062489_thumb.jpg

Edited by Xtra

I purchased 4 used 265/40R21 Pirelli A/S tires off ebay for $485 shipped to the house, all having between 8-10/32nds tread. I inspected the tires and they all look good (no excessive wear or even tire repairs. Received today and I plan to get them installed this weekend. I've always had good luck buying used tires on ebay.

Xtra, just a thought for next time/next set

• Like 3

I have done this around 2 weeks ago, but just got around to posting it. I replaced the dead pedal with one matching the Aluminum Brake & Accelerator pedals. I found this (item#282805266654) in eBay & requested the seller to sell only the dead pedal since the Sport already has Aluminum brake & accelerator pedals from the factory.

Very simple to install, just pry out the old one (pull it straight out), transfer the three (3) pushpins from the old dead pedal to the new one & install (push in) the new one. One of the pins did not come out with the old dead pedal so I had to remove from the floor separately.

post-24673-0-34927900-1535445927_thumb.jpg

post-24673-0-55400500-1535445952_thumb.jpg

post-24673-0-21198800-1535446045_thumb.jpg

post-24673-0-77285200-1535446112_thumb.jpg

post-24673-0-80833000-1535446189_thumb.jpg

Edited by omar302
  • Like 3