What have you done to/with your Edge/MKX today?

Mine honk's when my wife get's out while the engine is running, doesn't bother me a bit.

I found it annoyed others...in that they thought I was honking at them.

Still haven't had time to try the police mode. BTW my setup for programming is Forscan running under windows 7 under VMWare on a Mac with the wifi OBDII dongle. So I tend to have to "prepare" myself for the programming.

I found it annoyed others...in that they thought I was honking at them.

Still haven't had time to try the police mode. BTW my setup for programming is Forscan running under windows 7 under VMWare on a Mac with the wifi OBDII dongle. So I tend to have to "prepare" myself for the programming.

no worries, maybe just post the result once you get to it, I'm in no hurry. I'm surprised more people don't dislike the double honk. From what it seems, most people don't mind it, or even find value in it. Like you, I had other people think I was honking at them too

Okay I did the Police mode and it worked

(Secure Idle (Police Mode) BdyCM as built 726-42-01 x0xx xxxx xxxx x1xx xxxx xxxx Prevents vehicle transmission from shifting out of Park without passive key inside vehicle (Shifter Locked w/No Key Detected message) 0=Disabled 1=Enabled AllGoNShow Multiple Confirmations

I also changed the number of blinks for lane changing from 3 to 5.

Turn Signal Flash Count

SCCM 724-01-01 xxxx x6xx xx xxxx x*xx xx

Replace * with one of the following:

0=1 Flash OUC False 1=1 Flash OUC True

2=1 Flash OUC False 3=1 Flash OUC True

4=2 Flashes OUC False 5=2 Flashes OUC True

6=3 Flashes OUC False 7=3 Flashes OUC True

8=4 Flashes OUC False 9=4 Flashes OUC True

A=5 Flashes OUC False B=5 Flashes OUC True

C=6 Flashes OUC False D=6 Flashes OUC True

E=7 Flashes OUC False F=7 Flashes OUC True

On Until Cancelled (OUC) means manually moving the turn signal arm in opposite direction or manually cancelling the turn signal. Two flashes are added automatically when trailer is attached.

Now I would like my passenger side mirror to tilt in reverse. Any one done that?

Edited by NoDTMF
  • Like 3

(Secure Idle (Police Mode) BdyCM as built 726-42-01 x0xx xxxx xxxx x1xx xxxx xxxx Prevents vehicle transmission from shifting out of Park without passive key inside vehicle (Shifter Locked w/No Key Detected message) 0=Disabled 1=Enabled AllGoNShow Multiple Confirmations

Now I would like my passenger side mirror to tilt in reverse. Any one done that?

Thanks for the follow up! Besides the secure idle condition, do you know what other features can be enabled/disabled for "police mode"? If given the option, I would prefer to lock out the transmission when I'm not in the car. Sometimes I'll leave it running while I run back into the house or something. This would be a good extra security measure.

Is it actually possible to have the mirror tilt down for reverse, or just wishful thinking?

I just checked my side mirrors . I pointed both at the ground and then I chose Memory #1 thats my preset. Both mirrors returned to normal #1 preset condition. It is not automatic but you could preset #2 or 3 to have the mirrors in your chosen back up configuration. Then pressing the #2 or 3 button will adjust both mirrors for back up, use preset #1 to return them to normal.
I know it is not what you are trying to do, But one touch is better than adjusting the mirrors manually every time.

The motors are there, the memory is there, you might be able to do it by having the #2 or 3 preset tied to reverse somehow.

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 2

Turn Signal Flash Count

On Until Cancelled (OUC) means manually moving the turn signal arm in opposite direction or manually cancelling the turn signal. Two flashes are added automatically when trailer is attached.

THANK YOU!!!! Been waiting on that one for awhile!!!

I just checked my side mirrors . I pointed both at the ground and then I chose Memory #1 thats my preset. Both mirrors returned to normal #1 preset condition. It is not automatic but you could preset #2 or 3 to have the mirrors in your chosen back up configuration. Then pressing the #2 or 3 button will adjust both mirrors for back up, use preset #1 to return them to normal.
I know it is not what you are trying to do, But one touch is better than adjusting the mirrors manually every time.

The motors are there, the memory is there, you might be able to do it by having the #2 or 3 preset tied to reverse somehow.

Thats a pretty good idea, I'll have to try this out.

Wife left the parking lights on all night earlier in the week. My battery tender didn't have enough to wake it from the dead (didn't really expect it to), borrowed a battery charger from work & let it sit for a few days on a 12v 2A charge. That gave me time to think about it. With all the fuss about battery life lately, what were the odds that it would my battery would fail during the first cold snap (ohio). I didn't want to spend the money, but the original oem battery lasted 1.5 years. With everyone saying that batteries last about 2 years, I didn't want to take a chance. Brand new, 760CC AGM battery from Advance Auto installed & i have piece of mind. This sucker is massive compared to the oem one. I had to wiggle a few things around to get it to fit, but she's in.

post-41964-0-38566900-1504996680_thumb.jpg

post-41964-0-06552500-1504996695_thumb.jpg

Edited by lildisco
  • Like 1

Turn Signal Flash Count

Thanks. Mine was a "7", changed it to "9" for 4-flashes, 2 days later returned it to stock as I couldn't get used to the extra flash :).

Wife left the parking lights on all night earlier in the week. My battery tender didn't have enough to wake it from the dead (didn't really expect it to), borrowed a battery charger from work & let it sit for a few days on a 12v 2A charge. That gave me time to think about it. With all the fuss about battery life lately, what were the odds that it would my battery would fail during the first cold snap (ohio). I didn't want to spend the money, but the original oem battery lasted 1.5 years. With everyone saying that batteries last about 2 years, I didn't want to take a chance. Brand new, 760CC AGM battery from Advance Auto installed & i have piece of mind. This sucker is massive compared to the oem one. I had to wiggle a few things around to get it to fit, but she's in.

Your original battery is supposed ti be still under warranty! Why pay to change it?

• Like 2

The factory installed battery is covered under warranty. It should be either the new car warranty (3 years / 36k miles) or the Motorcraft 3 year warranty / 100 months pro-rata. Which is it supposed to be? I'm not sure, but I know I had mine replaced under warranty when it failed & the MKX was nearly 2 years old.

In the past dealings with Ford, they only honor certain things for the 3 year/36,000 mile warranty. A battery is considered a wear item & not covered under the 3/36. I recharged the battery & it probably would have tested fine & they wouldn't replace it even if it was covered. Then when it's the single digits or below outside the battery would probably fail, leaving myself or my wife stranded.

Why take the chance? It's a fairly easy swap.

The dealer that i trust to work on the car is an hour & a half away, 3 hour round trip + time off work + fuel. Cheaper & easier to replace it & have piece of mind instead of it being in limbo

In the past dealings with Ford, they only honor certain things for the 3 year/36,000 mile warranty. A battery is considered a wear item & not covered under the 3/36. I recharged the battery & it probably would have tested fine & they wouldn't replace it even if it was covered. Then when it's the single digits or below outside the battery would probably fail, leaving myself or my wife stranded.

Why take the chance? It's a fairly easy swap.

The dealer that i trust to work on the car is an hour & a half away, 3 hour round trip + time off work + fuel. Cheaper & easier to replace it & have piece of mind instead of it being in limbo

I understand your concern. You could still try to take the battery to them, if tested bad then you should get a replacement. Then sell it off or give to someone else.