What have you done to/with your Edge/MKX today?

I don’t care much about the washing part but damn that is one awesome car. Would be better in Guard’s Red but that grey is the second best color. And the sound of that engine is magical.

I had a chance to drive a GT3 on a racetrack twice (3 laps each) and the handling is unbelievable. And the sound of that engine at full throttle winding up to 9000 RPM is amazing.

Unfortunately I’ll probably settle for a Boxster S in a few years.

• Like 2

Mikula Take a look at the idea.

I'm even more careful than that guy if you could believe that! I usually soak the car in the foaming wash each weekend and only have to powerwash it clean because i do it so often. then maybe once every 6-8 weeks or so i have to wash it with a mitt.

a good ph-balanced foaming cleaner and powerwasher and leaf blower dry makes it look just as good as when i use a mitt, as long as i do it often enough.

Edited by Mikula
  • Like 3

I'm even more careful than that guy if you could believe that! I usually soak the car in the foaming wash each weekend and only have to powerwash it clean because i do it so often. then maybe once every 6-8 weeks or so i have to wash it with a mitt.

a good ph-balanced foaming cleaner and powerwasher and leaf blower dry makes it look just as good as when i use a mitt, as long as i do it often enough.

I wash mine that way, no touching. :rockon:

• Like 2

I find it hard that you wash your car with only a pre rinse foam and it's totally clean. Yes there's situations where I rinse with foam and that's it. but those are rare and my car is ceramic coated

As long as I do it once a week I rarely get out the wash mitt. my pressure washer does a good job of getting rid of all the junk on it, especially after i let that foam sit on there. I had a black bmw about 6 years ago, and that was the first time i experimented with just the foam and no touching. washed front door with foam and pressure washer, rear door with wash mitt. no difference between the two, so i decided there was no need to touch the paint.

bugs on the grill is a different story, and i use a meguiars quik detailer for that stuff.

• Like 1

As long as I do it once a week I rarely get out the wash mitt. my pressure washer does a good job of getting rid of all the junk on it, especially after i let that foam sit on there. I had a black bmw about 6 years ago, and that was the first time i experimented with just the foam and no touching. washed front door with foam and pressure washer, rear door with wash mitt. no difference between the two, so i decided there was no need to touch the paint.

bugs on the grill is a different story, and i use a meguiars quik detailer for that stuff.

Not saying it cant happen, but as an avid weekend detailer doing paint correction/ceramic coatings on the weekends for clients. Its just hard to accept your process as foam isnt even a wash, its just a pre rinse soak

• Like 1

I don’t care much about the washing part but damn that is one awesome car. Would be better in Guard’s Red but that grey is the second best color. And the sound of that engine is magical.

I had a chance to drive a GT3 on a racetrack twice (3 laps each) and the handling is unbelievable. And the sound of that engine at full throttle winding up to 9000 RPM is amazing.

Unfortunately I’ll probably settle for a Boxster S in a few years.

Your story is like mine with Camaro ZL1s. I have driven a 5th Gen and am drooling over the 6th Gen.

• Like 1

Got a set of Dueler H/L 422 Ecopia BL's for $760 out the door yesterday. Damn Pegasus (Pegasi?) tires were so bad they were pulling to the right when I drove. Less than 20k on those things. There is cheap and there is 'even the Chinese won't copy them' cheap.

Techs did like my horn, too.

• Like 1