What have you done to/with your Edge/MKX today?

No worries.  Those are now old wives tales, for engines predating the ones in the Edge/MKX.  If you are worried, change the oil/oil filter at short intervals a couple of times, then resume normal intervals.  That will do the trick!  Synthetic does tend to be more "cleansing", so if you want insurance, do this.

• Haha 1

On 12/10/2018 at 1:11 PM, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

Now you can see all the things you REALLY didn't want to see LOL.

I had one in my last car came in handy a few times.  I actually have to rewire the power now because I want to enable the parking mode but since I already did it shouldn't be as hard.  Just waiting for my tints to cure so can put the cameras up.

Finished the valve cover gasket for the second time. First time it got pinched. I think I raked it across the engine support bracket by the firewall. Used a mirror this time to confirm blue gasket across the length. One of the injector clips had broken off, so I goobed some black gasket goo in it's place and stuck it back on. If it does go wonky again, I can at least see it on the passenger side of the intake. Some burning, but I think that was from all the oil that poured out after the pinch.

What's the black thing mounted on a post behind the resonator? Has hard vacuum lines coming off it.

If anyone needs to do the radiator side valve cover gasket replacement on a '07-'08, let me know. I have extras.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

You mean the EVAP purge valve?

Some things never change lol.  Pinching the gasket on the firewall valve cover was a common problem on the Gen 1/2 SHOs as well.  So some took to installing studs to guide the cover on and set in place with a dab of Permatex in that corner.

Maybe. I think it looks kinda like a torch. Has two lines coming off it. It has an electrical plug in that comes in from the main three brain box plugs. To the left of the brake fluid reservoir. In most Edge engine bay pics, it is right below the two bolts on the windshield cowling.

Right below the right hand bolt:

163-0906-17z+2009-ford-edge-sport+engine

At least I have a name to look up in the factory book. One of the locking clips broke off and I want to try and replace it Thursday when I'm by the dealer.

Edited by Brucifer
Because I am a madman.

49 minutes ago, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

How much work was this project. and what was the difficulty level in your estimation, cmantis?

Link to project post for reference

Honestly it wasn't that hard more just time consuming.  I will make a few quick observations:

I took off the drivers side door trim from both doors halfway from the top.

Popped off the side panels from dash on drivers side.

Stuck the low voltage cutoff switch inside below the A-pillar and fished the power lines and ground down under the dash and used micro2 taps to connect to fuses (biggest annoyance was I found I had to dremel the edges of the taps because the fuses used are much narrower but once I figured that out works fine).

Ran the power cable up the A-piller and on top of the side curtain airbag by pulling the top trim down with my hand.

Hid the power and rear view cables up under the headliner above windshield and then ran the rear view cable back up along drivers side headliner where door trim was remove and above side curtain airbags.

Then the rear cam cable I ran across the liftgate top under the trim, popped off the rubber boots and up into liftgate and behind the plastic panel which pops off easily.

I then mounted the front camera to the plastic housing under the rear view mirror for the rain sensors and the rear one stock to back glass.

I would say took 3 hours total with a few smoke breaks and running in/out for tools.

I got the Viofo A129 duo kit and loaded a custom firmware I found (if you want parking mode you need the 3 cable wire kit).

* Unfortunately I didn't document it while I did it but I could make a video showing how/what I did for reference if anyone is interested.

Edited by cmantis
  • Like 1

Some time ago, but finally got the pics off my phone.

Stopped to get breakfast. When I came out, I noticed all sorts of rust and bubbling along the rear fender well. I don't keep the cleanest car in the world, but when the hell did this happen???

edgewheel.jpg.2667f89db1e06fd56d45236b3c86bed8.jpg

That's when I paid a little more attention to my surroundings:

edges.thumb.jpg.33b61074b57b2075accf2a00860c4fee.jpg

I wonder if the other '07 noticed what they did (I'm in the back).

• Like 2

HA!

So Brucifer's picture could have been my car (it wasn't).  I have the same Dark Ink Blue Edge with the same wheel coverings.  I have the exact same rust on my car.  I had to look at the bigger picture to make sure it wasn't a picture of my car.  I wonder if it is a Dark Ink Blue paint thing? 

Edited by evh
  • Like 1