What have you done to/with your Edge/MKX today?

• 2 weeks later...

Two recent upgrades that have worked out really well.

1. I pulled off my original screen protector (made from a leftover tablet screen protector) and replaced it with this one. https://amzn.to/37FE1px  (photo below) It has reduced glare by a small amount when the roof is open but the BIG change is a total lack of fingerprints.  I constantly had oily smudges on the old protector this one just stays clean.  Easily installed with no change in sensitivity on the screen.  The photo is after a week of use.  I didn't wipe the screen before taking the shot....no fingerprints.

2. Added larger paddle shifters.  This obviously won't be of much interest to most Edge owners (who rarely if ever use the paddles anyway) but if you 'do' use them these things pretty much put an end to the 'where's the paddle go?" issue when you're forced to shift with the wheel turned or just want your hands in a more comfortable position.  I ordered it via AliExpress. https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/0.html?spm=a2g0s.buyer_leave_review.0.0.429b6c1bWCd9iO&orderId=8006838981838461&productId=32819415273
Price at the time was $29 for the set.  It appears there might have been an increase since then (new year?).  It took one month and two days to arrive from somewhere deep inside China so don't be in a hurry if you do order.  Installation is easy with (supplied) double sided 3M tape.

ScreenProtect.jpg

paddles.jpg

Paddles.gif

Edited by Gadgetjq
Added photo explanation
  • Like 4

57 minutes ago, Gadgetjq said:

How did you get to the 3rd brake light wiring and (if it matters) what was the color of the wire?

European cars in general have a feature that the 4-way flashers turn on (or brake lights flash) under heavy or sudden braking. That would be very nice if it could be added or enabled in our cars. 

• Like 2

On 1/2/2020 at 4:30 PM, Gadgetjq said:

Two recent upgrades that have worked out really well.

1. I pulled off my original screen protector (made from a leftover tablet screen protector) and replaced it with this one. https://amzn.to/37FE1px  (photo below) It has reduced glare by a small amount when the roof is open but the BIG change is a total lack of fingerprints.  I constantly had oily smudges on the old protector this one just stays clean.  Easily installed with no change in sensitivity on the screen.  The photo is after a week of use.  I didn't wipe the screen before taking the shot....no fingerprints.

I bought this one when I got my edge
https://www.nushield.com/order_now.php

• Like 1

On 1/6/2020 at 7:10 AM, Gadgetjq said:

How did you get to the 3rd brake light wiring and (if it matters) what was the color of the wire?

The top liftgate cover clips off and you'll see the LED connector - the black is ground and violet posititive.

Brake flasher wiring.jpg

Liftgate Top panel removal instructions here:

Liftgate RI.pdf

Edited by 1004ron
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, 1004ron said:

The top liftgate cover clips off and you'll see the LED connector - the black is ground and violet posititive.

Great, thanks VERY much!

I've used center brake modulators for years.  I pulled the handle and lower inside panel off of the Edge tailgate but saw no connectors so stopped there.  I should have gone for the next panel I guess.

BTW the modules I've used allow you to program the flash type, frequency and more.  I usually set them for three really fast pulses then three slow then solid on.  I set them so the pulsing only repeats if the brake pedal is pressed again 45 seconds or more after being released.  That way it's not annoying anyone in stop/go traffic.  

http://timers.shop/ used to offer these and another module that (like the European versions mentioned earlier) would track the braking rate.  Slow easy braking wouldn't produce a flash.  Moderate braking would generate a couple of quick strobes and hard braking might make the 3rd brake light give its all.  I wrote asking them what happened to that module.  They indicate a 'new' version is in the works...stay tuned.

Cheers! 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Gadgetjq said:

Great, thanks VERY much!

I've used center brake modulators for years.  I pulled the handle and lower inside panel off of the Edge tailgate but saw no connectors so stopped there.  I should have gone for the next panel I guess.

BTW the modules I've used allow you to program the flash type, frequency and more.  I usually set them for three really fast pulses then three slow then solid on.  I set them so the pulsing only repeats if the brake pedal is pressed again 45 seconds or more after being released.  That way it's not annoying anyone in stop/go traffic.  

http://timers.shop/ used to offer these and another module that (like the European versions mentioned earlier) would track the braking rate.  Slow easy braking wouldn't produce a flash.  Moderate braking would generate a couple of quick strobes and hard braking might make the 3rd brake light give its all.  I wrote asking them what happened to that module.  They indicate a 'new' version is in the works...stay tuned.

Cheers! 

It's the top panel - the PDF is in the post above.

I've always had this effect on my Harley after-market BrightAssLight and it catches the attention of drivers behind when touching the brake, and just the other day someone behind me with their gaze down at their phone almost ran into the back of my Sport, and that prompted me to look at these flasher units.

This was the only one that had some form of adjustment and the most common one has a series of quick flashes, then slow flashes and then steady, and that it too irritating to me.

Screen Shot 2020-01-07 at 8.18.03 PM.jpg

Edited by 1004ron
  • Like 1

<<MasterTVTech asked: Can I get the GT splash screen on my 2016 with Forscan? >>

The answer is...Yes, unless you've updated Sync 3 to build 19025.  If you're still on 18093 you're good to go.  Here's the full list of changes you can make, note the GT Animated theme requires 3 separate changes:

Change Themes

APIM 7D0-02-01:

Standard Ford logo; XXXX 0106 XXXX
Lincoln logo; XXXX 0401 XXXX
Lincoln Black Label logo; XXXX 0301 XXXX
Ford Raptor logo; XXXX 0501 XXXX
Ford Mustang logo; XXXX 0601 XXXX
Ford GT350 logo; XXXX 0701 XXXX
Vignale Classic; XXXX 0801 XXXX
Ford GT350R logo; XXXX 0901 XXXX
Ford Performance ST logo; XXXX 0B01 XXXX
Ford Performance RS logo; XXXX 0C01 XXXX
Ford Performance GT logo; XXXX 0D01 XXXX
01-Lincoln Continental logo; XXXX 0E01 XXXX

GT Full Theme Incl Splash

APIM

7D0-01-02 0xxx xxxx xxxx
7D0-02-01 xxxx xDxx xxxx
7D0-03-01 xxxx x4xx xxxx

Lincoln Brown Theme (screen)

APIM 7D0-03-01 xxxx x2xx xxxx
Must also set 7d0-01-02 8xxx xxxx xxxx

Edited by Gadgetjq
  • Like 2

Changed the oil. Mobile 1. Added this stuff:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H9K62X3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Can't say I paid attention before, but I think it sounded a tad quieter after start up. Could be the money filter.

Why?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8ZKMCfAue4

EDIT ADD:
Also got three switchblade keys for it off of EBay. All of them programmed in on the first try with no problems.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FLIP-KEY-REMOTE-FOR-FORD-F150-F250-EDGE-40BIT-TRANSPONDER-CHIP-KEYLESS-ENTRY/130687018678?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Edited by Brucifer
  • Like 1

Not something I did directly with my Edge, but I did it *for* my Edge and me.   

I put a 240v Infrared heater in my garage.  I can now detail when it's -20 deg. out, I can change the oil and do all of that stuff regardless of weather.  I'm in Illinois, so by code I have to run conduit, and the garage physically as far from the breaker box as it could be, so it took a while to run the conduit, and had to shut down the whole house's power to add the 40 amp breaker.  Then pulling the wire--and if you've ever seen 8 guage stranded--I think you can call it cable without argument.  It's 7500 watt and will give me a 50 deg. temp rise in about a half hour.   Electric bill is not too bad yet because we haven't hit 20 below yet.  Only about $250 for the unit, then quite a few hours running conduit.

Heater2.jpg

Edited by Jombi
added cost
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

finally got around to deleting the rear wiper. A much cleaner look! I don't use my rear wiper, it's HEAVILY coated in Graphene (an upgrade to ceramic coatings) and I have zero issues seeing behind me. It has been unplugged for over the last year anway, was just waiting on time. had to cover the silicone with flat black vinyl for now, didn't notice I was out of gloss black!
86500153_10218731854220875_3342244546456

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my laptop out to my edge and tweaked some of my as-built settings last week. 

Set the fog lights to stay on with high beams.

Disabled double honk

Disabled door ajar warning chime

Added the heated and cooled seat icons to my home screen

Realized that mine came with Secure Idle (Police Mode) enabled from the factory

Changed theme to the new Blue theme with GT Performance boot animation. Going to go back and change the boot animation to the Raptor

Changed the door ajar color (ambient LED color for the open door) wanted white, but that's only available for Lincolns, everything on ford is a shade of red or blue that is pretty much indistinguishable from red or blue, so kinda pointless.

Still need to add Global Close Cfg, mine came with Global Open on the front windows only. Want to add Global Close to the front windows as well. Not sure if there's a way to include the sunroof in Global Open/Close as well.

Going to be making some changes to the lights soon too, will update after.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gadgetjq said:

Lots of worthy changes there SU.  Unfortunately you can 'not' use the global open/close for the moon roof or rear windows.  Been there, tried that.

I figured the sunroof probably wouldnt be possible, the back windows cant be included either? That's a little more disappointing. 

Do you know what "Person1,2,3,4" means in the spreadsheet? I'm unclear on the differences between the Person config and the Vehicle config.

726-17-01 x*xx xxxx xxxx Feature Cfg Global Close[person1]: 0=disabled, 1=enabled
DanMc85's findings
726-17-01 xxx* xxxx xxxx Feature Cfg Global Close[person2]: 0=disabled, 1=enabled
726-17-01 xxxx x*xx xxxx Feature Cfg Global Close[person3]: 0=disabled, 1=enabled
726-17-01 xxxx xxx* xxxx Feature Cfg Global Close[person4]: 0=disabled, 1=enabled
726-17-01 xxxx xxxx x*xx Feature Cfg Global Close[vehicle]: 0=disabled, 1=enabled
726-17-02 x*xx xxxx xxxx Feature Cfg Global Open[person1]: 0=disabled, 1=enabled
726-17-02 xxx* xxxx xxxx Feature Cfg Global Open[person2]: 0=disabled, 1=enabled
726-17-02 xxxx x*xx xxxx Feature Cfg Global Open[person3]: 0=disabled, 1=enabled
726-17-02 xxxx xxx* xxxx Feature Cfg Global Open[person4]: 0=disabled, 1=enabled
726-17-02 xxxx xxxx x*xx Feature Cfg Global Open[vehicle]: 0=disabled, 1=enabled

Also, do you know if I have to keep the GT Performance boot screen if i want to keep the Blue theme? or can i change the boot screen to something else without messing the theme up?

• Like 1

I don't have a clue which of those persons represent a seat.   Just a guess #1 would be driver, #2 passenger and the other two would be for the back seat.   I just used "Vehicle" which 'should' move any window that's going to move and changed these three items:

BdyCM (As-Built):
726-17-01 0101 0101 014A
726-17-02 0101 0101 014B
726-30-01 0101 0000 0060

I used the GT animated open and close screen and really liked that blue dotted background for quite awhile.  Unfortunately if you update Sync3 to Build 19205 (most recent) GT will go away completely.  That'll leave you with all the other fairly standard themes.  If you have the Configurable Splash Screen option turned on you can play with all the options.  Whatever you choose from that screen is only active during that engine run.  It'll revert back to whatever you have set by FORScan next time the Edge is started.  To turn the config screen on:

APIM

7D0-01-02

*xxx

xxxx

xxxx

Brand: 0=Ford, 8=Lincoln, C=Configurable Splash Screen

It'll show up on your last options screen.

Edited by Gadgetjq
  • Like 2

Does one need to revert custom tunes to stock before doing these Forscan changes?  I don't know if I have the wrong version of Forscan or not (I've tried the three latest betas) but I get an error to the effect of "Can't change config". 

However, on a hunch, I reverted my LMS tune back to stock, and attempted the exact same changes, and Forscan changed them fine.  The changes did indeed work, even after re-applying the tune.  So I'm just wondering if this is a known thing--that you revert to stock before messing with Forscan, or if I am doing something wrong.

1 hour ago, Jombi said:

Does one need to revert custom tunes to stock before doing these Forscan changes?  I don't know if I have the wrong version of Forscan or not (I've tried the three latest betas) but I get an error to the effect of "Can't change config". 

However, on a hunch, I reverted my LMS tune back to stock, and attempted the exact same changes, and Forscan changed them fine.  The changes did indeed work, even after re-applying the tune.  So I'm just wondering if this is a known thing--that you revert to stock before messing with Forscan, or if I am doing something wrong.

all my forscan mods have been while tuned. Are you on licensed version of Forscan

• Like 1