2015 Ford Edge Concept Introduced

robertlane

Someone want to explain AutoStart/Stop? Would this create another obstacle into installing aftermarket remote start systems?

Auto start stop is when the car is stopped at a stop light, the engine will shut off. Then when you release, the brake, and push the throttle the car will fire backup.

Edited by blitz118

...that's annoying. Will it not cause my batteries with my amps and HIDs to drain faster? Don't get me wrong, I understand its purpose. It was explained in a piece of legislation that failed mandating/encouraging people shut off their cars if kept idling for more than 3 minutes. So if my car is parked in a parking space and I turn it on and leave it running remotely for 10 minutes, will it shut itself off?

Pretty sure I hate the "fog light" openings. Starting to look likea Kia or a Honda. I think I see design hints of Evoque around headlights. I'm surprised they didn't go with the Aston grill look like the sedan lineup. I thought there was some speculation and pics going around that they may go that route. That looked better than this I think. Must wait for Sport version to see what happens. By the way, any chance they have an improved PTU seal concept for this as well considering everyone's leaks at least once? Maybe also a less frustrating SYNC system?

Pretty sure I hate the "fog light" openings. Starting to look likea Kia or a Honda. I think I see design hints of Evoque around headlights. I'm surprised they didn't go with the Aston grill look like the sedan lineup. I thought there was some speculation and pics going around that they may go that route. That looked better than this I think. Must wait for Sport version to see what happens. By the way, any chance they have an improved PTU seal concept for this as well considering everyone's leaks at least once? Maybe also a less frustrating SYNC system?

Fog lights opening are functional, and are there to improve aerodynamic efficiency, and not there just for looks. I am glad they did not design, the front to look like Fusion line. The concept has grown on me, and I can't wait to see the production Sport version.

Well, I just bought a new 2013 model. I think it was pretty much a steal - the SE with only tinted windows as an option, for just over $22k.

I knew a remake was coming soon and, after seeing this picture of a 2015, I'm even happier with my 2013.

My first thought was to buy a 1st generation Ford Edge when the 2nd generation was on the lots. Grab a deal. Appears you got an great deal and didn't have to wait. I fell in love with the 2nd generation and will probably buy 2 generation Edge 4 or 5 months after they are on the lots.

Not too well thought out opinion :) The Ford Edge Sport may be replaced. What may replace the Sport model is a Ford Edge ST (Sport Technologies) model. Some of the global thought and effort that went into the ST can be seen in the video or link below. It deals with the 2013 Focus ST but Jamal Hameedi, Ford's Global Performance Vehicle Chief Engineer, explains some aspects of creating the ST version of Ford's first global car (?), the 2011 Focus (3rd generation). The Focus ST is Ford's first global performance car. Since ONE Ford means a global Edge, Ford may have to step up their game. Europe is more demanding (or Ford listens to Europe more) and the Edge ST, SVT or what ever it may be called could be a truer Sport model. After watching the link, I would be interested in thoughts? Interesting video, Jamal Hameedi talks about some challenges of ONE Ford. Happy 2014 to all.

Edited by JimPA

• 4 weeks later...

Backside looks like a ton of existing cars from the Escape to the Cherokee to the Lexus RX350 to the .... List goes on. Not a fresh look. The front end spelled Forester to me. Are the boys in Dearborn lacking for new looks and ideas. Interior cool but may turn off some buyers. I wonder what demographic Ford is targeting with this vehicle. The 2014 is looking better and better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...