Discolored Plastic Molding

There are 2 steps here: cleaning & removing the wax and then dressing it again. Black wow is a great product but the trim needs to be cleaned first. Use Dawn or PB or whatever to clean it, then allow to completely dry. Then do BW or Ultima Tire and Trim (my go to product).

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

This is an old thread but I'll throw something out anyway. I've been using Mothers back to Black for the black trim on my 07 Edge and its been a decent way to keep the trim black. However, I just applied Re Nu pro and it has really impressed me so far. I used it for the front and rear lower panels, the antennas ( front and rear satellite) cowl panel, and rear wiper so far and they look wet black. I still need to do the lower rocker panel trim which I'm sure will make a big difference. I have the panoramic roof so I will apply it to the 2 trim pieces running the length of the roof. I don't have any wax residue on the trim, but the car is 7 yrs old so the trim is definitely fading. I'll post in a few months to see how it's holding up with the weather. It was $25 on Amz for the large size which is probably enough to do everything on the truck at least twice, maybe three times. My Edge is black so sometimes it's hard to see if I got some on the paint, but Windex will take it off before it dries, as per the directions. It's messy, but it comes with a pair of latex gloves, 2 applicators and a terry cloth. We'll see how it hold up.

• 4 weeks later...