220,000 miles and going strong

macbwt

I have a 2008 Ford Edge SE I drive and it has 220,000 miles on it now. I am taking it to 300,000 and will decide from there if it will go any further. RIght now I would put money on it that it goes at least to 350,000 miles and I may then retire it to a back up vehicle or short trips until I get tired of it. Strong vehicle and I can say after over 500,000 miles in several different makes of other vehicle this is the first time I can honestly say I would buy another one.

• Like 1

Maintenance, Maintenance and more maintenance, plus just driving it normally, No racing, and most of all avoiding city driving. I do however find myself sitting at times with it just idling for 30 to 60 minutes at times waiting for clients. 99 percent of the mileage is highway at about 75 miles an hour. Only once when new did I ever go faster than that and that was 118 mph just to check it out. By the way it shifted into 6th at 106 mph. I figured that was fast enough. Just so everyone knows trade in value is 2500.00 dollars at current mileage.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow. that impressive! I'm hard pressed to get 100K in 10 years on a car. I had a '03 pick-up that I got rid of this year with 102K... 200k would take me 20+ years to achieve... can't imagine keeping a car that long. I'm hoping my Egde will last me 120k, that will take me to 53 years old and time for a new car.